P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 05-11-05, 04:30 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default here we go

of the various deceptions and misrepresentations perpetrated by the Bush administration over the past five years, none have had more catastrophic long-term consequences than the false case for war. the Valerie Plame affair has helped to illustrate the administration's use of forged documents to create the apocalyptic illusion of Saddam with nuclear weapons - the Libby trial promises to bring that particular scam to daylight. now, new documents released by Senator Carl Levin of the Armed Services Committee are shedding additional light on further deliberate manipulation of false intelligence data, by the administration, to sell the war.
Quote:
Smoking Gun on Manipulation of Iraq Intelligence? 'NY Times' Cites New Document Today

By E&P Staff

Published: November 05, 2005 1:30 PM ET

NEW YORK Ever since the Democrats briefly closed the U.S. Senate from view earlier this week, to protest alleged Republican foot-dragging in probing Bush administration pre-war manipulation of intelligence, the press has been asking: So what new evidence do the Democrats have in this matter?

Tomorrow, The New York Times starts to answer the question, with reporter Doug Jehl disclosing the contents of a newly declassified memo apparently passed to him by Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan, the top Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

It shows that an al-Qaeda official in American custody was identified as a likely fabricator months before the Bush administration began to use his statements as the foundation for its claims that Iraq trained al-Qaeda members to use biological and chemical weapons, according to this Defense Intelligence Agency document from February 2002.

It declared that it was probable that the prisoner, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, "was intentionally misleading the debriefers" in making claims about Iraqi support for al-Qaeda's work with illicit weapons, Jehl reports.

“The document provides the earliest and strongest indication of doubts voiced by American intelligence agencies about Mr. Libi's credibility,” Jehl writes. “Without mentioning him by name, President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Colin L. Powell, then secretary of state, and other administration officials repeatedly cited Mr. Libi's information as ‘credible’ evidence that Iraq was training Al Qaeda members in the use of explosives and illicit weapons.

“Among the first and most prominent assertions was one by Mr. Bush, who said in a major speech in Cincinnati in October 2002 that ‘we've learned that Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb making and poisons and gases.’”
A White House spokeswoman said she had no immediate comment on the D.I.A. report.

“Mr. Libi was not alone among intelligence sources later determined to have been fabricating accounts,” Jehl continues. “Among others, an Iraqi exile whose code name was Curveball was the primary source for what proved to be false information about Iraq and mobile biological weapons labs. And American military officials cultivated ties with Ahmad Chalabi, the head of the Iraqi National Congress, an exile group, who has been accused of feeding the Pentagon misleading information in urging war.”

Libi is in custody, apparently at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, where he was sent in 2003.

According to Jehl, Secretary of State Colin Powell relied heavily on Libi for his speech to the United Nations on Feb. 5, 2003, saying that he was tracing "the story of a senior terrorist operative telling how Iraq provided training in these weapons to Al Qaeda."
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001434737

as this stuff starts to come out, the GOP is developing a new meme: well, it wasn't just us - the Clinton adminstration thought he was a threat, too. of course, the irrelevance of this talking point is obvious: the Clinton administration didn't invade Iraq.

it's a long way to impeachment, but you can get there from here.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-05, 04:47 PM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

Rats again. I thought from the title you were going to check into a real asylum and get some treatment for your unhealthy obsession.

What will you do when the next republican president is elected? Best to get your problem taken care of now.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-05, 04:59 PM   #3
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

You are truly the ad-hom king.

I doff my hat to you, sir.
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-05, 04:59 PM   #4
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
What will you do when the next republican president is elected? Best to get your problem taken care of now.
So when are they starting your treatment for being overly optimistic?
Old 05-11-05, 05:43 PM   #5
theknife

he kind of stalks me - his posts are all about me. it's cute, in a trollish way.
Old 05-11-05, 06:06 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

I was only half paying attention to Howard Dean on Chris Matthews' Hardball recently, but his behaviour was unmistakable; the leader of the U.S. Democratic Party is a genuine nut case - though his previous behaviour left little doubt to rational observers.

Don't mistake my concern for theknife for optimism. The next presidential election might just break his tedious hold on sanity and send him into a multi-like state of confusion and delusion.
Old 05-11-05, 06:45 PM   #7
Nicobie

NoSmiley OH WELL...

The bureaucrats managed to make him look bad.

I figure this was to make his political party *.* in the next election.
Old 05-11-05, 07:36 PM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

Just to give people a chuckle:

-on the Supreme Court nomination of Harriet Miers-

MATTHEWS: Do you believe that the president can claim executive privilege?

DEAN: Well, certainly the president can claim executive privilege. But in the this case, I think with a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, you can't play, you know, hide the salami,

(for you foreigners "hide the salami" is U.S. slang for sexual intercourse)

MATTHEWS: Does it bother that she's been to a pro-life event?

DEAN: No. I mean, you know, I'm a strong believer that the government ought not to tell women what kind of health care they ought to have.

Wacky and clueless. This site doesn't have the whole interview unfortunately,
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9601984/
there were more great Howardisms that I saw live on MSNBC.

But this guy is the democrats great hope. Don't kill yourself knife...therapy and medication dude. You can make it.
Old 05-11-05, 08:07 PM   #9
albed
flippin 'em off

OMG he's still at it:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9883824/
Quote:
MATTHEWS: What about the husband notification? Does that bother you?

DEAN: It bothers me in the fact that the Bush people seem to insist on inserting the government into people's private family business. And this is a private family matter, not a government matter. To have the government insinuate itself in a relationship between husband and wife I think is a mistake.

MATTHEWS: But that was the Pennsylvania law, and that was passed by a governor, Democratic Governor Bob Casey.

DEAN: I don't care who it was passed by.

MATTHEWS: But it wasn't the Bush people. You said the Bush people did it.

DEAN: No, but this administration continually wants to insert themselves into family business. The Terri Schiavo case, that's the family business, not the government's business. All these abortion cases, that's a family's personal business. That's not the government's business. And we'd like to keep the government out of people's private, personal lives.

MATTHEWS: But the Democratic Party are a pro-choice party, period?

DEAN: The government...

MATTHEWS: The Democrats, your party, is a pro-choice party?

DEAN: No. My party respects everybody's views, but my party firmly believes that the government should stay out of people's personal lives.

MATTHEWS: But you are a pro-choice party? Are you not? You sound like you're against ever being pro-life. Are you pro-choice?

DEAN: I'm not against people for being pro-life. I actually was the first chairman who met for a for a long time with pro-life Democrats.

MATTHEWS: This is the complicated thing for people. The people believe the Republican Party, because of its record, supports the pro-life position. Does your party support the pro-choice position?

DEAN: The position we support is a woman has the right to make -- and a family has the right to make up their own mind about their health care without government interference.

MATTHEWS: That's pro-choice.

DEAN: A woman and a family have a right to make up their own minds about their health care without government interference. That's our position.

MATTHEWS: Why do you hesitate from the phrase pro-choice?

DEAN: Because I think it's often misused. If you're pro-choice, it implies you're not pro-life. That's not true. There are a lot of pro-life Democrats. We respect them, but we believe the government should...

If you're pro-choice, it implies you're not pro-life.

Oh yeah, Howard Dean has a firm grasp on the democratic platform. Not to mention reality.

Is it really optimistic to forsee another republican president? Or realistic?

Last edited by albed : 05-11-05 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-11-05, 10:18 PM   #10
theknife

actually, i saw that interview - couldn't figure out why Dean was dancing around the question. stand up and be pro-choice - most of the country is...and since the "pro-life" crowd is largely GOP and apparently comfortable with thousands of dead American soldiers and tens of thousands of dead Iraqis, there's no reason not to draw a sharp distinction.
Old 06-11-05, 01:31 AM   #11
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

so now that were all in agreement that politicians suck...

be they repugs or democrap

maybe bush will be right after all when we are all united again

he claimed he was a uniter not a divider and bring decencey err whatever back to the whitehouse lol
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-05, 03:20 AM   #12
Maze
Rebel With A Cause

I remember having some serious misgivings (or premonitions of a not so good thing if you will) ...when talking with Reychal who was all for Bush ...Do yaw remember her? ...LMAO...showin' my southern side ...well anyway, I didn't quite feel right about it then...but did you all see that "Farhenheight 911" or Fartenheights or however you spell it thing? ...I really have not been able to get over one moment ...when President Bush was in the children's classroom and was informed that the Pentagon & World Trade Center had just been struck by a passenger jet plane of all things ...he just sat there and went through the motions of the kid's classroom photo-op ...I swear, I've tried to give him the benefit of he was just waiting it out to see what the next move should be ...but as one human to another...I know I'd have halted everything and been immediately on the phone or by a TV ...not continuing nursery rhemes ...that was just weird!
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-05, 04:29 AM   #13
albed
flippin 'em off

Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
actually, i saw that interview - couldn't figure out why Dean was dancing around the question. stand up and be pro-choice - most of the country is...and since the "pro-life" crowd is largely GOP and apparently comfortable with thousands of dead American soldiers and tens of thousands of dead Iraqis, there's no reason not to draw a sharp distinction.
Dean is a FUCKING FRUIT! The text just doesn't convey his mannerisms that he showed in that interview. He's a loon. Wacko. Nuts.

And anyone who tries to link abortion with Iraq ain't real stable either.

I remember some book title about liberalism being a mental disease. If it isn't, it certainly attracts the sufferers.
Old 06-11-05, 06:25 AM   #14
theknife

Quote:
Dean is a FUCKING FRUIT! The text just doesn't convey his mannerisms that he showed in that interview. He's a loon. Wacko. Nuts.
it's fascinating how much Dean scares the righties - you can always tell by how hysterical they get.
Old 06-11-05, 07:52 AM   #15
albed
flippin 'em off

Of course knife; laughing and ridiculing means people are scared. Your ideas on human psychology are as sensible as your political views.

Keep backing Dean please. He'll lead the looney lefties to respectability and power. Yes indeed.
Old 06-11-05, 10:19 AM   #16
theknife

Quote:
Of course knife; laughing and ridiculing means people are scared. Your ideas on human psychology are as sensible as your political views.
so it's back to me. again.
Old 06-11-05, 11:11 AM   #17
albed
flippin 'em off

Of course it is. It's not about your opinions or your endless propaganda spamming. It's just about you.

Now go send Maze a naked pic of your all important, center of the universe self so he can.....ummm...make you even more famous.
Old 06-11-05, 02:07 PM   #18
multi
Thanks for being with arse

i am perfectly happy with appearing 'confused and deluded' to someone that has their head permenently stuck up their ass...why dont you give it a rest suckface ?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-05, 03:34 PM   #19
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
i am perfectly happy with appearing 'confused and deluded' to someone that has their head permenently stuck up their ass...why dont you give it a rest suckface ?
Awwww multi, why did you feel the need to substitute the f for an s

Talk about some selective breeding
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-05, 06:46 PM   #20
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
Talk about some selective breeding
You probably don't realize that's a compliment, but thanks anyway.