P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 06-11-05, 09:59 PM   #21
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Oh yeah, Howard Dean has a firm grasp on the democratic platform. Not to mention reality.
yup, the GOP works overtime trying to convince the Dems that Dean is the Anti-Christ...but if he's such a liability, why is the GOP is so anxious to point it out to them?

regardless, Tuesday's election will shed some light on Howard Dean's abilities as chairman of the Democratic party. an off-year, to to be sure, but watch the governor's race in Virginia - the GOP is bringing in the Prez to try to break a dead heat:
Quote:
Bush will try to push Republican gubernatorial candidate Jerry Kilgore over the edge in the deadlocked campaign's final hours on Monday night. The president and other state Republicans will appear with Kilgore, who served as Bush's Virginia re-election campaign chairman, in a rally at the Richmond airport.

Wrapping up a five-day trip to Latin America, Bush is scheduled to make the stop on his flight home from Panama.

The latest polls shows the Virginia governor's race is a dead heat between Kilgore and Democrat Timothy Kaine leading into Tuesday's voting.
so Tuesday we'll have a chance to see a)whether Dean can get out the vote and b)whether the Prez has any mojo left....and we'll have a much clearer picture of who the liability really is
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 07:01 PM   #22
albed
flippin 'em off

It seems the democratic candidate for Virginia's governor has taken a pro-life position along with the republican candidate. Seems he's pro-gun too.

So what does that say about Deans leadership when his own party candidates take positions opposite to the platform - which which he himself has shown complete cowardice in supporting...it shows he's irrelevant and since his candidates don't adhere to the party line, only what voters want to hear, then the whole party is irrelevant. Why call themselves democrats?

Also the fact that Dean's not coming to campaign for his own candidate while Bush is, also speaks to his irrelevance if not his actual repulsiveness to democrats.

I can almost hear Lt. gov. Kaine - "You keep that wacko loon out of my freakin state you hear?"

No doubt though, that Dean will crow about "his" victory if Kaine wins. Even though his party's candidate is more republican than democrat.

Last edited by albed : 08-11-05 at 09:41 AM.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-05, 09:46 PM   #23
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Democrats Win Gov. Races in N.J., Va.
Quote:
Democrats swept both governors' races Tuesday, with Sen. Jon Corzine (news, bio, voting record) easily winning New Jersey and Lt. Gov. Tim Kaine taking Virginia despite a last-minute campaign push for his opponent from President Bush.

Kaine had 860,719 votes, or 51 percent, to Kilgore's 789,273 votes, or 46.8 percent, with 88 percent of precincts reporting.

In New Jersey, Democratic Sen. Jon Corzine trounced Doug Forrester, pulling in 54 percent of the vote to the Republican's 42.8 percent, with 55 percent of precincts counted. Corzine had 605,915 votes, and Forrester had 480,477.
obviously, Dean isn't hurting the Democrats and Bush doesn't seem to be helping the Republicans.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-05, 10:08 AM   #24
Maze
Rebel With A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Of course it is. It's not about your opinions or your endless propaganda spamming. It's just about you.

Now go send Maze a naked pic of your all important, center of the universe self so he can.....ummm...make you even more famous.
LMAO... yes please do that ...when can I expect it?...lol

Actually, I'm in Virginia...but I'm not all that familiar with this Dean guy you all are talking about. The mudslinging commercials on TV have been kinda funny. People didn't used to do that (you know where they mention the faults of the opponent) ...I should think that would have to be done very carefully...or you end up looking bad yourself.

You still getting out on the ocean pretty often knife? ...love dat ocean!
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-05, 10:27 AM   #25
albed
flippin 'em off

Search through the random pic thread to catch a recent close-up of theknife's backside.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote