P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 18-08-03, 05:33 PM   #1
loki679

Default Please help, kazaa-lite is ruining my life

I recently installed kazaa-lite, having been a winmx user for some time, because a friend told me the download speeds were better. I'm now getting download speeds of less than 1k per user (around 0.08k per second). I've had proper kazaa on my comp before and got good speeds out of that (deleted it cos of spyware) but i can't seem to get lite working properly. I've read the FAQ and read thru loads of forums but nothing seems to work.

Help!
loki679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-03, 08:17 PM   #2
petriburg

G'day from Oz! Your plight is well understood! I have used KaZaa Lite, WinMX, and i-mesh (lite) on a regular basis, and if it's speed of download you're after, go with i-mesh. If you have the patience of Job, then MX will find almost anything you seek, but it can be painfully slow, with its queues and so on. KaZaa, too, with something approaching 4 million users online at any one time, has most of what you're looking for, but I've never rated it very highly when it comes to download speed. But overall, the speed winner is i-mesh. Doubtless, there will be a few other members of this fraternity who will come forth with their ideas.
Then, make your own choice. Meanwhile, welcome to the club!

"You are old, father William," the young man said,
"And you hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on you head -
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"
Lewis Carroll.
petriburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-03, 08:24 PM   #3
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default welcome

if you dont already ..try right clicking ..and use the find more sources..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-03, 08:33 AM   #4
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by petriburg
overall, the speed winner is i-mesh.
i was going to mention imesh too but in a help thread for k-lite i felt it was a bit ot, but what the hell, speed is speed and it's still fasttrack isn't it? last night i d/l'd a flick and maxed out my dsl, hitting speeds of 151K. it didn't hold there for the whole session but the avg had to have been 50+. i don't use bit torrent all that much but i find it's no faster than imesh and quite often it's slower (content's a different matter tho).

welcome to nu loki! get yourself a copy of clean imesh. you'll be a happy swapper.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-03, 07:42 PM   #5
loki679

ok, i've downloaded and installed imesh and ............
the same thing! Is this a problem with my comp or the connection?
I'm running a 2100xp with 512MB RAM, ADSL broadband connection. Where is the fantastic download speed they promised me, i feel hurt and betrayed, i may need therapy for some time if this is not sorted.
Old 20-08-03, 08:23 PM   #6
JackSpratts

this goes all the way back to the initial days right after musicity dropped opennap and picked up a license for fasttrack. the new streamcast boards were filled with people noticing very slow speeds. it seemed to get worse after every upgrade. those boards are long gone now and the fixes at the time didn't consist of much more than advising a reinstall (which actually worked a lot). in your case however i'm beginning to think your isp (bt?) is blocking a relevant port. i’d start there.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-03, 07:08 PM   #7
loki679

I don't know, i'm starting to think it could be something a bit more sinister than that. Example, the file i was trying to dl was american pie 3, right now i'm getting a dl speed of 54kb/s for the shawshank redemption from 5 users. With american pie 3, there are two files i've tried to download, both with 40+ users each listed getting active dl from about 15 of them. Not ONE of these users was above 0.05kb/s. I thought this was a bit weird so i checked the bandwidth and 90% of these users had bandwidth listings of 4000+, some up to 8099. It would be nice to know if anyone has successfully downloaded these file (sizes:678095 and 685714kb) and what was in them.

p.s I'm running kazaa lite now and i can count 131 users with the 678095kb file, all on 56k?