P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 20-05-02, 09:02 AM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Last Day To Help Save Internet Radio!

Tomorrow, the Librarian of Congress will recommend that the proposed royalty rates be approved, allowing record companies to collect massive "royalties" from broadcasters for the first time in history (more reasonable fees have always gone to composers). This all but guarantees the end of net radio. The small guys can't afford to pay and the record companies will just take them over. The high rates they'll pay will go right back into their own pockets! Nice huh?

I've just spoken to my Rep and because of the Anthrax situation they haven't opened our letters in time - so the situation is that nearly all Reps are still completely unaware of this stream-killing proposal. There is (just barely) time to call your Reps on their house phones and fill them in. Ask if you can then send a priority email. That’s one they'll automatically pull-up when your address appears (they don’t read unsolicited emails or faxes anymore – simply too many now). You can use my letter for background. The word doc is here - pg.1, last post.

Internet broadcasters need help today!

- thanks, jack.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote