P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-05-02, 08:51 AM   #1
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Lightbulb KaZaA News

hi, all

occassionally i find news links on the web dealing with KaZaA (my favourite filesharing app, sans bde and spyware crap) so occassionally i will post links here when a new one is found

Enjoy

First Link:

Tech giants back file-swapper Kazaa
Powerful computer and telecommunications companies are allying with upstart file-swapping service Kazaa in a bid to overhaul the way record labels are paid for music and other content distributed on the Net.
Stung by legislative proposals that could force computer companies and Internet service providers to become anti-piracy cops, Verizon Communications and an influential technology trade association are beginning to push a copyright proposal that could make downloading a song online as legal as listening to the radio
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-915036.html

Edited to add Description for the link

Last edited by butterfly_kisses : 16-05-02 at 03:29 PM.
butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-02, 11:09 AM   #2
JackSpratts

expect the riaa to do as much as possible to derail any and all attempts at a resolution of this particular issue, (already posted btw by walktalker etc.)

in canada for instance the proposal getting the most attention is the misguided levy tax on blank media with the monies going to socan or something like it.

anything that doesn't pour huge funds into the record companies' pockets and still allow them complete control over copying technologies will be fought against tooth and nail. it's like internet radio; the record companies want it shut down. failing that they want it taxed beyond practicality so that only the largest players can afford airtime. when done of course, the record companies themselves will be the only ones able to afford to use the internet to broadcast music, since the sky-high preventive streaming fees will go right back into their own pockets! when the net replaces over the air radio, the record companies will have succeeded in gaining control of this first new major broadcast medium in 60 years, and by judicial fiat no less. perhaps it will destroy a few congressional seat holders’ jobs in the process, or at least by abet some career suicides but so what? it's not their problem. finally, expect to see a push for laws that make it illegal for amateur musicians to opt out of these draconian arrangements so as to prevent a second channel able to compete against these newly established monopolies.

it's just about control. it's all the record companies want and they want all of it.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-02, 10:26 PM   #3
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Goofy

a little older news (one week old)

but still makes for interesting reading:

'Spidey' Already Being Swapped By Online Pirates
While Columbia Picture's new "Spider-Man" movie was breaking box-office records over the weekend, Internet movie pirates were busily downloading free copies of the film on file-trading networks.
By Saturday, pirated versions of the comic book inspired movie were showing up in "screener" format on the EDonkey, Kazaa, and Morpheus Internet file-swapping systems.
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176387.html
Old 17-05-02, 03:31 PM   #4
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Question

sorry this one is surprise you'll have to click the link to find out what this is about

worth *most* people's time to read it.

http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Old 17-05-02, 05:22 PM   #5
HaXor
Convict: 1337

RE: Harby

I must thank you, for that link.
Robin walkers site was like a bible to me, but after a format, I lost it. I thank you again for providing that link.

For those not familiar with that site, please read, it is an exellent site witrh a HUGE amount of information.

Thanks again Harby

H@Xor

Old 17-05-02, 06:03 PM   #6
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Big Laugh

No problem H@><or

btw check out this screen shot of me using KAZAA 1p4 today on May 17, 2002.

There is a Trick to it unfortunately it was not me who discovered this but and Anonymous contributor who wishes to remain unkown.

with this new information we can still access the older network and there is hope for reviving the older Morpheus clients...i will post more as soon as i can. (which might be a while i like to research things and i have several tutorials that need to be wrote)

also i am a little concerned about a backlash from sharman networks because some of the information if disclosed/exposed could put me at risk for a lawsuit as this effectively breaks their TOS...or so it would appear.
Old 17-05-02, 06:39 PM   #7
HaXor

OMG

I see what you mean...... But one problem, It shows up your not sharing files, when indeed you are.

But hey, this is just the building block we need, Nice find Harby!

and thanks to you "Anon"

H@Xor
Old 17-05-02, 06:40 PM   #8
HaXor

I Was going to show my pic, but it ended up being too big.... nervermind, eh!

H@Xor
Old 17-05-02, 07:37 PM   #9
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Exclamation

Kazaa finds friends in file-swapping fight
Powerful computer and telecommunications companies are allying with upstart file-swapping service Kazaa in a bid to overhaul the way record labels are paid for music and other content distributed on the Net.
Stung by legislative proposals that could force computer companies and Internet service providers to become anti-piracy cops, Verizon Communications and an influential technology trade association are beginning to push a copyright proposal that could make downloading a song online as legal as listening to the radio.
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-914983.html?tag=cd_mh