P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 28-04-02, 11:35 AM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Official XoloX Beta

anyone wants a copy pm me w/your email and i'll send the zip. spyware free but has ads.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-02, 01:05 PM   #2
xolox_girl

the new xolox beta is out and it's great. all the old features plus many more. a full list is on their site but i'm having problems accessing it - sometimes it works and sometimes i'm not allowed access

but anyway, for those of you who are not familiar with any xolox version, the old version had features such as segmented downloading and vvv fast downloads

there is now IRC chat, new buttons and you can see the bitrate of mp3s among others. it has been changed from a .4 client to a .6 client as well so that it is no longer blocked by bearshare.

have a look at the site http://www.xolox.nl if you can. the beta/new version will be out soon and everythings looking good on gnuttela again

xg
xolox_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-02, 01:26 PM   #3
xolox_girl

i forgot to mention the ads. they are there but there are no pop-ups (atleast not that i've noticed) this was what they said about them in the e-mail that was sent out with the beta

Quote:
To support our efforts we will need to generate revenues. We wanted you to hear it from us first... an important source of revenues for us will be advertising. We hope you understand the realities that P2P companies face to stay alive for the long haul. Our choice was to either operate XoloX as a hobby between our full-time jobs or to dedicate every moment of our lives to pushing the envelope even further to make XoloX the best P2P client possible. We chose the latter!

We will keep our advertising to a minimum and do our best not to be intrusive or annoying unlike so many of the other ad-ridden P2P clients that relentlessly bombard you with all sorts of nonsense. We understand there are ways to remove ads but we ask you to show your support for our work and efforts by not doing so. Please understand that it is our advertisers who are footing the development expense and allowing us to pay our bills—they are our lifeline.

We make the following promise to you: XoloX contains NO SpyWare, NO SneakWare, NO HiJackWare. We will never trick you into installing something that you don’t want to install or that you don’t know you are installing ...not now...not ever! Thank you for giving us a try again and we look forward to hearing your comments.

they haven't made much of a difference to me and the rest is so good. as long as there's no spyware i can cope with ads

xg
xolox_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-02, 01:39 PM   #4
goldie
yea, it's me.

Thumbs up

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-02, 01:27 PM   #5
Rish

Cheers Jack, just got it and to be honest........not that great.

The adverts I can see as something thats REALLY gonna annoy me (theres one at the top permenantly and one at the bottom when you make a search).
Old 29-04-02, 07:57 PM   #6
ssj4_android
Redefining Reality

Can you send it to me? ssj4_android@attbi.com
(need to try to get away from hotmail)
ssj4_android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-02, 08:51 PM   #7
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by ssj4_android
Can you send it to me?
check your pm.

- js.
Old 01-05-02, 12:04 PM   #8
ssj4_android
Redefining Reality

How are the uload and download speed related? I REALLY need to limit my upload speed. Uploading too much cause downloads to go alot slower. I have a 1500 down 128 up
ssj4_android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-02, 12:07 PM   #9
JackSpratts

you can limit u/l bandwidth. tools | preferences | network.

- js.
Old 08-05-02, 02:09 PM   #10
assorted
WAH!

seems like gnucleus is at the cutting edge right now; hehe - but i look forward to giving the new xolox a try.