P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 08-05-02, 02:36 AM   #1
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Is P-2-P falling apart?

Recently, there have been so many oddities, I'm begining to wonder if all really IS well?

The once so reliable DJNap seems to no longer be with us, Napigator does not have it in the update, and you are freeted with a variety of excuses, like TIMED OUR or CONNECTION REFUSED when you try.

The Much vaulted Darkservers, a network with the largest number of linked servers, seems only to be a shadow of its former self, with most of the original servers, being un-connectable.

Has P-2-P reached the peak, or rather has the OpenNap reached or even gone past its peak? The Demise of SLAVANAP at 2.1.0 may have sounded the death knell, or has it..

WinMx 3.00 has been at beta 8 stage for over a month, still with glaring problems, doesn't seem to be much of a move on that front.

It is good, however to see the ongoing development in new clients by Harby et al, even if their intended networks are still unstable, withn the ongoing BDE threat, and heaven knows what else lurking in the background.

Still, there are always the good old music enthusiasts to amaze one with their strange habits.... what DID I miss here, has Eva suddenly taken on an even newer cult status...?

Snark..

Seen on my WinMx 3.00 this morning..
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-02, 03:55 AM   #2
napho
Dawn's private genie

You're right, this morning opennaps are a little down but they're always in a state of flux. Also p2p isn't just opennap- other proggies have picked up the slack. WinMX's own network is probably going to be more important for it in the new version anyway.

DJ Nap has been down for maintenance. Don't worry.

http://www.djnap.com/
Attached Images

napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-02, 04:07 AM   #3
Mowzer
'

When the builders look to the past to learn, and give birth to better and user simple p2p apps, then there will be a new surge.

It all also has to have profit kept at bay too. Other wise everyone suffers with spyware.

I belive the next p2p revolution will be user based rather then company based.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-02, 05:41 AM   #4
colinmacc

There are more people sharing more files across more p2p networks than ever before...

It's like a golden age of sharing at the moment, and long may it continue!
colinmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-02, 07:39 AM   #5
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
Originally posted by colinmacc
There are more people sharing more files across more p2p networks than ever before...

It's like a golden age of sharing at the moment, and long may it continue!

Amen to that !

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 01:01 AM   #6
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Eva Cassidy.... Solved?

Yes, agreed about the state of flux, so true, I keep 40 odd ON's in my list, usually 20 or so connect, today the usual failures, but they will be back.

The Eva Cassidy mystery, has been solved.. after another 13 downloads, I asked a question of one, seems an episoide of "SmallVille" is responsible, presumeably this is a TV show in the States. (Maybe).. the flood continues, another 5 last night.

Amazing the power of the broadcast companies, interesting to see the effect on record sales of such an exposure, when you consider that a search for that track turned up over 50 sources on just 5 networks, if each of these sources have provided 20 or more each, that must make a noticeable blip in the statistics.

So who was it said P2P was dying... I'm off..

Snark..

As a certain famous person said... The Answer Lies in the Soil..
Old 09-05-02, 11:19 AM   #7
JackSpratts

Default Re: Eva Cassidy.... Solved?

Quote:
Originally posted by Snarkridden

"SmallVille" is responsible, presumeably this is a TV show in the States. (Maybe)..
yes. big hit for warners, renewed next season.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 04:04 PM   #8
AYB

You can also catch it here (in the UK, if that's really where you're from ) on channel4, wedensday at 6pm and its also shown on E4 if you have digital.

AYB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 05:32 PM   #9
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Default Thanks AYB

Quote:
Originally posted by AYB
You can also catch it here (in the UK, if that's really where you're from ) on channel4, wedensday at 6pm and its also shown on E4 if you have digital.

I'll check that out... Eh your emoticon looks a bit eh, how shall I say? American?

Thanks... Snark.
Old 09-05-02, 05:34 PM   #10
AYB

I was trying to find an emoticon watching a TV and failed, so just chose that one for no particular reason
AYB is offline   Reply With Quote