P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 06-03-02, 01:18 PM   #1
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Default Re: Stupidity...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethen
Do you think the spy ware will eventually cause big dents in the user base due to people becoming informed about it all? Or do you think most users just don't care?
The big dents will come when users learn more about spyware or care about it. Although, with the way things have been going I don't think that will happen very soon. For example, when Morpheus was at it's prime Kazaa still was very close to Morpheus in their number of users. That's just sad because Morpheus was pretty much the exact same version of Kazaa without the spyware, and yet people still chose to download Kazaa and stay with it.

Also, I think most users don't know about the other p2p programs out there. When the Kazaa forum was still working I remember people still asking on a regular bases about Morpheus. Also, spyware has been mentioned many times on the Kazaa forums and yet there is still a large user base. I'm sure that's happy news for the spyware program makers.

I guess it comes down to some people are in denial, or they don't care, or are afraid to change from a program that is working for them, or they simply are clueless when it comes to spyware. I've tried to educated some users when the kazaa forum was up, but it seemed like I as talking to a brick wall.

I don't think this huge dent is going to come anytime soon...hopefully I'm wrong.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote