P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-02, 06:42 AM   #1
Bright Eyes
Global Security Octopus

Default how about some how to's for winmx?

I'm the first to admit I don't know all there is to know about winmx. How do I know this, I hear you ask, in your relentless quest for knowledge. I will prove it:

I admit I don't know all there is to know about winmx.

There: and I said it before you, so I am first.

Can someone tell me about the 'tricks of the trade' for winmx? I see people doing things on winmx, and I don't understand how they can.

For example, some people have the instant messages set up like answering machines, so that if you message them, an automatic reply comes back, saying they are away. Another example: certain people ALWAYS have 30 people queued up, 24 hours 7 days a week, even though they have maybe 200 songs - how likely is this to be a genuine queue? A third example: seeing a 'connection refused' come back to me the micro-second my song-download is received by the other side - this must be set up to refuse automatically [why list songs for share and then refuse? Beats me.]

These are tricks that I've not seen listed in the Settings section. There may be other tricks I've not encountered as well. Some people are clearly able to customise winmx much more than I can. So does someone know how to do things on winmx that are not in the settings wizard? Also, how do you get win mx to look in different servers for songs?

This is the Century of the Insane.

Last edited by Bright Eyes : 07-07-02 at 07:56 AM.
Bright Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote