P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-11-02, 07:33 PM   #1
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink Special firewall to protect p2p users

PeerGuardian is a simple firewall product blocking the IP ranges of known p2p enemies and also the working of some spyware. It is still in alpha so you might want to wait a bit before testing it (this does not apply to Napho! ) but it is a pleasure to see stuff like this being developed.

Quote:
From the developer:

The program was written after I'd seen many requests for something to universally block these companies out of file-sharing programs. A lot of people were asking where to get free firewall software, how to add the addresses to the firewalls block lists or how to add them in their specific P2P program. I'm not completely sure of it's effectiveness and that's why I'm releasing it as an alpha release. I can guarantee that PeerGuardian is safe and won't do anything bad but I'll have to wait for feedback before I can make any statement on it's effectiveness. It should work without problems for most people though.

PeerGuardian blocks out known IP ranges used by MediaForce, MediaDefender, BayTSP, Ranger, OverPeer, RIAA, MPAA & NetPD by default.
- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote