P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 30-07-02, 09:18 PM   #1
Dovobis
Hey guyz

Default Grrrr at RIAA....

The band 'Nonpoint' puts out their new album. Me eager to hear it, I start downloading from my mighty 28.8 connection.( I miss DSL)
I finally get the whole thing after a couple days, not listening to the tracks yet, didn't bother, wanted the whole thing.
I burn the tracks to disc and am off to work. I stick the disc in my cdplayer driving down the road and...
Now I'm not sure if this is the works of the RIAA or the band, but never the less, it was clever. Each song was the correct length takin from cdnows stats. But each song was a 20 second sample played over and over again to meet the time of the original song.
So if the song "your signs" is 4:27 long. They play a :20 second clip of that song for 4:27.
I was so pissed I snapped that fucker in half, cd death flakes flew everywhere.
Damn those fuckers.
Dovobis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-02, 11:03 PM   #2
schmooky007
hi

Big Laugh

obviously you're not the only who's pissed at them. they were hacked last week and had to shut down their website for the entire weekend

cyber terror i guess
schmooky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-02, 11:03 PM   #3
JackSpratts

sorry to hear that dovobis but that's the riaa for you. bad at giving the people what they want, good at pissing them off!

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-02, 02:46 AM   #4
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Default Re: Grrrr at RIAA....

Quote:
Originally posted by Dovobis
The band 'Nonpoint' puts out their new album. Me eager to hear it, I start downloading from my mighty 28.8 connection.( I miss DSL)
I finally get the whole thing after a couple days, not listening to the tracks yet, didn't bother, wanted the whole thing.
I burn the tracks to disc and am off to work. I stick the disc in my cdplayer driving down the road and...
Now I'm not sure if this is the works of the RIAA or the band, but never the less, it was clever. Each song was the correct length takin from cdnows stats. But each song was a 20 second sample played over and over again to meet the time of the original song.
So if the song "your signs" is 4:27 long. They play a :20 second clip of that song for 4:27.
Damn those fuckers.
not QUITE the right word... it's FAKERS by the way...

Please can we have MORE info, I know you are peed off, but album name, encoded bitrate would be very usefull to others..

Gone searching for the REAL thing ... Snark..
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-02, 05:13 AM   #5
Bronxie
Culo!

That happened to me before with the new No Doubt cd. I was totally pissed off Why would anyone take the time to even do that. Pure evil I say.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-02, 05:33 AM   #6
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Re: Grrrr at RIAA....

Quote:
Originally posted by Dovobis
Damn those fuckers.
well shit, perhaps we should all take those looped cds and mail them to Hilary? <------ What's the address again?

If you're not 2 pissed, include a nice little 2 word well written letter for added emphasis.

turds!
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-02, 05:52 AM   #7
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

You got spoofed...happened to me with the new Peter Gabriel song, Burn Me Up, Burn Me Down. This is supposed to deter me from file-sharing? Hardly - just delete the bad version and wait for the good one
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-02, 05:49 PM   #8
Dovobis
Hey guyz

Not really too pissed anymore about it. I just was impatient and honestly, I usually download 25% or so of each song and give that part a listen. Which is what I should have done with each track ahead of time.
The band is 'Nonpoint', the album 'Development'.
All the tracks I got from it were found off Kazaa which actually was the first time I've used that software to find audio.
And on WinMX seems only a few songs are findable from their new album including their new release 'Your Signs'. Plus all I could find so far was 128 bit rate which I usually avoid and shoot for at least 160.
So if you wanna givem a listen, give it a try. And the 20 seconds of each track was pretty good too, lol
Dovobis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-02, 07:11 AM   #9
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Sad!!

Quote:

All the tracks I got from it were found off Kazaa which actually was the first time I've used that software to find audio.
Not a good introduction to Kazaa Eh? that is typical for that system, all too often fakes, especially in the software stakes.

I looked for tracks by Nonpoint on WinMx, found loads
, some big queues, but all the tracks I tried were genuine..

Though not my sort of music (grown out of metal & thrash stuff)
I did find 192, 256 and VBR tracks, by the band.

Users: bsdeality on djnap had a few @ 256k all good.

spiceagony, lostsoul,chaudspanker,jpeso420,kaspersimmz215, metal_sparky, miserable182,shouter1818 all had genuine copies of some tracks at 192k on the WNP network.

So, they are there, you just picked a bad source for starters... :-(

Snark...
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-02, 10:59 AM   #10
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

Question

about 2 months ago I accidently deleted all "my favs" in that list was a site call fat something where you could view or report cd`s that you can`t burn. Somebody here told me about it . Anyone ?
ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-02, 01:23 PM   #11
Scyth

Quote:
Originally posted by ONEMANBANNED
about 2 months ago I accidently deleted all "my favs" in that list was a site call fat something where you could view or report cd`s that you can`t burn. Somebody here told me about it . Anyone ?
Fat Chuck's Corrupt CDs list
Scyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-02, 06:34 PM   #12
HaXor
Convict: 1337

How To Beat Copyright Protection:

The marker pen trick

The old hardware trick