P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 27-07-02, 11:24 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Act Now!

This is too much

theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-02, 12:02 AM   #2
JackSpratts

Default Re: Act Now!

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
This is too much

four words and four links - nice one knife!

on the surface the whole thing looks like a rip off; selling nothing more than rebadges, already free software from what are essentially freeware sites. but when you think about it, it could save a newbie a major amount of time. if i was just starting out today and i didn't know anything about boards and my friends couldn't help me (or were hostile to the p2p concept) i might jump into one of the deals, and i might even think i'd made a good move if these guys actually had some support to go with the apps.

i know could teach filesharing courses to appreciative students because i've been asked to, and make a buck for my time. but even tho i give it away for free because it's my nature to do so, i'm not so sure i'd be immoral if i taught a few for pay.

these guys may be running a sleasy scammy rippoff, but it could be a good move if it was done properly. when we begin to merge people off kazaa in order to insure high file counts for the new program, it will take a concerted effort and no small expense. anything that expidites the move will be a good thing for the community.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-02, 12:07 AM   #3
assorted
WAH!

Default Re: Re: Act Now!

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts

when we begin to merge people off kazaa in order to insure high file counts for the new program,
hehe; good luck with that. it's a rough ride; that is.

people come if your program is easy to use and if you get press. they are fucking sheep. spam is just gonna piss them off. plus with so much competition out there now you'll essentially have to be doing something that noone else is doing and then stay alive long enough for it to be noticed. pretty rough waters right now; hehe.
Old 28-07-02, 01:35 AM   #4
napho
Dawn's private genie

Those guys have alot of nerve...but then again that kind of larceny paid off for AOL!
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-02, 05:18 AM   #5
nanook
just one of the gang...

lmao!
if there are still people out there who don't know how to get their music for free, then they deserve these sites.
they act as if this were all something new and that Napster was the last in a line of music downloading. tis very funny.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-02, 06:21 AM   #6
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Njah Njah hmmm...

Download unlimited Music files.

• Search by artist, genre, CD title or song.

• Download full albums. #

Unlimited access.

• No Monthly Fees.

Burn to CD or play on your PC or MP3 Player.
Whether you are looking for Pop, Classic Rock, Country, Jazz, Trance or Techno, with our guide you will quickly be able to download the music and video
After 5 days, if you enjoyed your experience, do nothing and for less then(sic)*** $1.49 per month ******(Only $17.95 for a full year), you'll join thousands of music fans who have already become MP3 DownloadCentral subscribers. If you do not want to continue, click on "Cancel Your Subscription" and the MP3s and software you have downloaded are yours to keep absolutely FREE -- no obligation.
WTF....hahaha
i guess some1 will hack it...
good luck

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-02, 07:22 AM   #7
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally blown out of the arse of nanook
lmao!
if there are still people out there who don't know how to get their music for free, then they deserve these sites.
they act as if this were all something new and that Napster was the last in a line of music downloading. tis very funny.
You got that right. Even someone who is clueless I think can do a google search and type "file sharing programs" and come up with
this. If someone can find these links with a search engine that offers these freeware apps for a fee, then why couldn't someone find the freeware on their own.

Last edited by zombywoof : 03-08-02 at 10:37 AM.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote