P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 26-02-02, 08:53 AM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Another Failed Business Plan?

What am i missing? Doesn't c/net do this for free?

http://www.peertopeerexchange.org/

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 04:01 PM   #2
MikeHunt
Unknown Legend

Brows

...516.233 users on line right now??? ..... Yeah , I guess I'm missing something too????
Old 26-02-02, 04:20 PM   #3
zombywoof

Wow, what a concept..Pay $19.95/mo for information on p2p networks that are currently running without a fee. Those 520,000+ subscribers are exactly who these people want, as well as the new Nap$ter, Pre$$play etc.. There is a market out there and these people could be found.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 04:40 PM   #4
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

I think the numbers they show for users online are actually the numbers from the MusicCity network. I doubt that many people were suckered into paying for something you can get just about anywhere. The number currently at 554,429 looks very close to the average number I see when I log into Morpheus. If they really had that many users then I would think this website would've been well known to all of us long ago. It looks like just another ploy to sucker people. These guys are real !@#$%@ I feel sorry for the people who got suckered.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 05:30 PM   #5
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Quote:
The overwhelming demand for the newest P2P clients (mostly linked to the popularity of the new FastTrack clients -- Morpheus, Kazaa, Grokster) has forced us to implement a small subscription fee for all members. Other then our new subscription policy nothing else has changed! Members can always choose their favorite peer to peer clients to access the distributed P2P network and all clients are Windows 95/98, NT, 2000 and XP compatible.
I like the line there about "It's so popular we have to make a buck off this..."

I remember this particular site below from off the MusicCity Discussion Board

http://www.morpheus-download-morpheus.com/

Quote:
Download the newest Music City Morpheus below. Speed up your downloads and protect your computer from viruses that you may download from Morpheus users. Get the newest version and the upgrades. Only available here.

Get the Morpheus download accelerator and the Super Ram Optimizer as well as all of the other software on this page by Registering Here using Paypal We will send you the link after your purchase. The name of your tech support person will be on the paypal page.

Registration fee is only $14.95 for everything
$14.95 for a batch of utilities you could find yourself for nothing! What's even better is these guys even advertise on the MusicCity Home Page!!
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 05:39 PM   #6
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally posted by BuzzB2K

$14.95 for a batch of utilities you could find yourself for nothing! What's even better is these guys even advertise on the MusicCity Home Page!!
Exactly... For anyone to buy into this scheme, especially with the overwhelming availability of free p2p apps/networks is crazy. It is very easy even for the casual user to find free resources if they look a little bit.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote