P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 22-02-02, 07:05 AM   #1
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Current Active OpenNap servers?

I have just dragged up this list of connectable OpenNap servers that may be usefull for all you playing with WinMx 3.0 beta 5

There are loads more, but some are real fussy about what you share, and the colour (sorry color for the Yanks) of your socks (sorry Sox for the Yanks)

Come up with all sorts of stupid ego tripper messages and demands for you to join a chatroom or be booted...

These seem to work and are none too fussy, mind you it is better to set your client type to something like audioGnome, as WinMx does seem to get the boot from a few..

Part ONE of TWO... Snark...

Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-02, 11:28 PM   #2
pod
Bumbling idiot

There's a much better way to get opennap servers, and that's with http://www.napigator.com/ It's updated in real time.

For WinMX2 (don't know about 3) you should use NapMX to automatically update your OpenNAP list, so you don't go crosseyed typing in IP addresses, http://napmx.darkservers.net/

I myself run a server on the DarkServers network.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 12:30 PM   #3
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Howdee Pod..

Welcome to the club..

NAPimx was always good for 2.6, agreed, but so far no one has done much with 3.0 its structure is different, I've not tried napimx with but others have.

As an interim measure to get people on, I have suggested sharing each others OPennapconfig files, as you have probably read here.

Seems to be the best option at the moment, OK its not live and truly up to date, but some use of the OPennap is needed to test the compatibility of the beta package.

As long as you remember to set default config in the opennap panel (Setup) then you can use anothers file easily.

I must say that the changing IP's are a nuisence but for test purposes, easier to type in than these strange names.

I use audioGnome to gather the servers realtime, you might recognise the format of the list?

What is the address of your server, I have two on file both timed out currently, so I assume that are victims of the dynamic Ip allocation?

Snark..
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-02, 01:09 PM   #4
pod
Bumbling idiot

Default Re: Howdee Pod..

Quote:
Originally posted by Snarkridden
Welcome to the club..

What is the address of your server, I have two on file both timed out currently, so I assume that are victims of the dynamic Ip allocation?

Snark..
domainofdarkness.darkservers.net:3456 [static 207.228.64.127] I'm testing Winmx3 now, so none of my stuff is on there right now.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote