P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 18-02-02, 09:49 PM   #1
Crankygirl
s.h.i.t. disturber

Unhappy I think I'll cry

I need some big brains again. I got part one of John Q signed sealed and downloaded. My dilemma focuses of part two. I have been having a devil of a time getting the second half. WIN MX has a line up that stretches for days, and I finally got hooked up with Morph this afternoon. (at a ridiculous 2Kb/s) However, about half way through the download the pc wigged out on me and froze I had no choice but to shut 'er down. Here comes the saddest part. I didn't lose the file, it's actually sitting in my shared folder ready for others to download it. (BTW, I'm not allowing people to d/l the unfinished file - 'cause that's just plain mean) The problem is, I can't get Morph to realize that this file is not finished. It won't resume the download from where I left off. Am I doomed to start over again, or is there some way to change this back to a dat file, and pick up where I left off.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks gang!
Trish
Crankygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-02, 11:32 PM   #2
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

hey cranky,

I'm assuming the file converted itself to an avi. You might just want to change the extension back to .dat. That might do the trick. Also, if you are able to play the unfinished file then you might have to strip the index before turning it back into a dat file. You can do this with a program called divfix and be found at www.divxmovies.com

hope that helps
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-02, 04:23 AM   #3
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 08:36 PM.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-02, 04:44 AM   #4
Smoketoomuch
freak

Oh Crankygirl, I know how you feel. I'm sorry I can't help you with that, but I know what you mean - I have 5 unfinished downloads in the donkey, one is coming for a week now, and it appears that the networks got reconfigured here to block p2p - so its "help, can't connect, re: your isp blocking ports" situation here. Damn.
Old 19-02-02, 05:28 AM   #5
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

This thread reminds me once again why I prefer iMesh. I found part 2 there just now crankygirl, available for download.

Warning: don't use iMesh if you are running ME, it will crash alot.
Old 19-02-02, 03:45 PM   #6
JohnDoe345

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn

Warning: don't use iMesh if you are running ME, it will crash alot.
I think your right Dawn. Which version of iMesh did you have? Mine was crashing horribly on my ME computer. I though it was just because the new version iMesh 3.0 was buggy. Anyone else having problems??
Old 19-02-02, 03:53 PM   #7
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

I have version 3.0, but it works flawlessly with my XP.
Old 20-02-02, 12:12 AM   #8
Crankygirl
s.h.i.t. disturber

yayaya

John: Thanks so much for the help buddy. I'm afraid I lost patience immediately after I posted, deleted the partial, re-started the download, and went to bed. However, your words of wisdom are filed away, and are sure to come in handy at a later date.

Ethen: file sizes are as follows... Part one - 160,866 - good quality, although I've only watched the first two minutes, because I didn't want to get into the movie when I didn't have the second half. Part two - 136,648. I haven't previewed part two yet, but this is a valid copy according to the morph site.
Right Here Click on "movie listings" on the left side, then the letter "J".
I am three quarters done now It must be a good movie, because part one is being uploaded from my machine constantly.

Dawn: your summary of how imesh behaves with windows ME is exactly why I don't use it. I needed an exorcism to rid my pc of the demons created by that software. Someday when I upgrade to XP I might give it a go again.

Cheers!
Old 20-02-02, 01:28 AM   #9
JohnDoe345

Quote:
Originally posted by Crankygirl
I'm afraid I lost patience immediately after I posted, deleted the partial, re-started the download, and went to bed.
Oh well, I guess it's the thought that counts

Quote:
I haven't previewed part two yet, but this is a valid copy according to the morph site.
Ethen and anyone else who downloads movies off of Morpheus. Save yourself the pains of downloading the wrong files by visiting my site: Morpheus Info
Old 20-02-02, 02:42 AM   #10
Crankygirl
s.h.i.t. disturber

Very Angry

OK kids, after two days of downloading, and frustration followed by perceived success, I am left shaking my head. Part two is watchable, but the quality isn't al that great (kinda choppy). Furthermore, maybe it's the wine, but I think the audio is just a touch out of sync. Oh well, better luck next time. Maybe I'll drink some more, and just watch it anyway.
You may or may not want to add this info. to your site John (which, by the way, we all appreciate greatly)
Old 20-02-02, 04:34 AM   #11
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 08:53 PM.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-02, 03:17 AM   #12
JohnDoe345

cranky,

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to write something on the website. The best thing to do when you are watching these poor quality movies is to do exactly what you are doing...drink more wine/beer

ethen,

Geocities has recently greatly reduced the amount of data transfer limit per month so it goes down often. Anyhow, I try to update the sites when I can but all of us at Morpheus Info are volunteers so sometimes things are backup a little.