P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 14-02-02, 02:08 PM   #1
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Anyone Using WinMx Beta 4 yet?

I expect you all know its out, hard to avoid as you get constant reminders all the time using beta3.

So far nothing to report, nothing out standing that is, pity they don't do what MusicCity did with its upgades, with WinMx you seem to have to rebuild you openNap lists each time you upgade..

Snark..
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-02, 04:02 PM   #2
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Re: Anyone Using WinMx Beta 4 yet?

Quote:
Originally posted by Snarkridden
I expect you all know its out, hard to avoid as you get constant reminders all the time using beta3.

So far nothing to report, nothing out standing that is, pity they don't do what MusicCity did with its upgades, with WinMx you seem to have to rebuild you openNap lists each time you upgade..

Snark..
Wow - 4 already?! I'm still switching between 2.6 and 3. Honestly haven't dug too deeply into three since it's debut, 2.6 has more of what I'm looking for.

I agree with you about the opennap lists though - it's nuff to drive a person boogers!
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-02, 08:03 PM   #3
ssj4_android
Redefining Reality

Huh? My list stayed. I like it, but the retry/fine more sources is kinda weird.
ssj4_android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-02, 08:05 PM   #4
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Hmmm?? I just backup my opennapconfig.dat file and replace if it doesn't save But I don't have this problem I installed a opennapconfig file I got from Zeropaid forum and it has been with me since B2
Winblows ME here
AweShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-02, 12:51 PM   #5
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Anyone NOT using WinMx 3 Beta 4?

As from today, me!

Too many crashes, too many bits not working, losing too many friends, so back to 2.6 I fear, pity it has promise, they should have done more serious testing before letting the beta's out.

Sorry Messrs WinMx (FrontCode) you screwed it this time...

Tell me when beta 10 or so is out eh?

Snark..

Old 19-02-02, 10:07 AM   #6
JackSpratts

wow snark! it must be bad if you're not using it. you've defended winny more times than i can remember at zeropaid. but you know, a lot can happen between a beta and a full release. let's hope they pull a rabbit out of their exe.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-02, 04:02 PM   #7
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The good thing about Beta 4 is, they added quite some stuff that was missing before.

But for the first time since I've started using 3.0 I had several crashes with Beta 4. And I basically gave up running Beta 4 now and started waiting for new releases. And the number of users on the WPNP network is still so low that you can hardly put the thing through its paces.

I sure hope they get that sorted out - I mean the bugs, not the user base.

Stoepsel
Old 20-02-02, 04:50 AM   #8
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Great Things to come?

I know Js, true I have supported Mx eversince vers 1.8? as a proggy with the most control over just about every aspect of P-2-P but it is not a progam for the casual user, more a tech-heads delight, most people I talk to about mx say one thing..."Too Techy" all them buttons, all them features...

Which is exactly what I find so usefull. I was hoping that 3.0 would have what NO other p-2-p has, and what no other client has EVER had, a SAVE SEARCH LIST to file option, for creating reference lookup files.

The usual excuse is, too risky, to convicting, too much proof of anothers share content, all these have been mentioned, but thne if that was the case, there is always the screen print, and the cut & Paste, so what the hell?

Touble is today, WinMx 3.0 is just not reliable enough to leave on and I feel sorry the downloaders when they get the boot as often happened. However I have another PC running it now, so the evaluation can continue, as wlll the constant emails to Winmx over problems.

Stopsel, I agree about the missing features, yes thats a good sign, and a trend that I hope will continue.

Current problems: No PLAY feature on uploade screen, have to use OPEN
CHATBOX: Not accepting new text once open, new text STILL opens up IM Mail flags, as if it were new mail.

Upload screen when full (completed uploads not cleared) system reports BUSY to new connect attempt..

Reload Failed Downloads: Instant total crash back to Windows
Same error report, same code location as all the other crashes.

All reported to WinMx in the last week.

So you can see we are STILL actively thrashing the beast, though its not my PRIME server at the moment.

Beta5 where are you?

Snark...
Old 20-02-02, 12:04 PM   #9
ssj4_android
Redefining Reality

The betas have been working fine for me. I agree that the find more sources is weird. Oh yeah, and my opennap server hasn't been deleted. I downloaded a list from somewhere once.
ssj4_android is offline   Reply With Quote