P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 27-02-02, 06:55 PM   #1
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Newer Openap server list for WinMx300

I have no idea if this will work, but I'm going to try and attach a small zip file that contains OPenNap server config file from my system, it has been configured to a dummy user name & pass.

Just replace your openapconfig.dat file with this version after Unzipping. read the IMPORTANT text file too..

Snark.
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 08:34 PM   #2
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Re: Newer Openap server list for WinMx300

Quote:
Originally posted by Snarkridden
I have no idea if this will work, but I'm going to try and attach a small zip file that contains OPenNap server config file from my system, it has been configured to a dummy user name & pass.

Just replace your openapconfig.dat file with this version after Unzipping. read the IMPORTANT text file too..

Snark.
Yep, it worked!!!!

Thanks Snark!

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 09:23 PM   #3
JackSpratts

it worked ! i dub thee snarkymx!

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 11:05 PM   #4
Cornhuskerfan1

Unhappy Didn't work for me

I d/led it and I have the zip deal on my desk top and followed th directions but can't seem to get the servers on my WinMX. What did I do wrong

Thanks in advance for any further directions

Tami
Cornhuskerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 11:37 PM   #5
phateboard

im new to open nap servers and win mx can someone explain?
phateboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-02, 12:52 AM   #6
JackSpratts

after loading snarks' list you'll need to rt. click on each opennap server line and change the user name to your own. then they'll connect. i had to change the file name back to openapconfig.dat, for some reason it was missing a few letters.

phateboard, winmx can use other networks called opennaps, but it does not provide them. you have to make your own connections. they're essentially local servers that people run for fun that handle the file lists for people who share. it's like the way napster used to do things. they handle a few hundred people each and you'll find the more rare stuff on them.

- js.
Old 28-02-02, 03:24 AM   #7
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Guilty?

Quote...

after loading snarks' list you'll need to rt. click on each opennap server line and change the user name to your own. then they'll connect. i had to change the file name back to openapconfig.dat, for some reason it was missing a few letters.

You don't need to go through all that Js, just open up SETTINGS
Select OpenNap Networks: Enter your own user name and pass then press RESET all Server Login button... Bingo should do it all

I may be guilty of slightly misleading you in the text file IMPORTANT, that was a file that come out first off BEFORE I set the default user-name and was sending out MY details, so it needs to be re-written, probably kick out a new more comprehensive version with the new update, I just replaced the config info in the zip archive, forgot to replace the text file...

As for some characters missing? thats odd, I'll check Js, thanks for the heads up.

Final note, 22 of those servers are still working for me, and have run 48 hours so far, and to take up the point made by POD

Yes, i've started to convert over to the textural address rather than the IP where such information comes to hand.

Its all early days, ideally i'd like to establish what compress method they use for the config.dat files, so it could be created in plain text, edited and then re-compressed.

Thats a job for you Script whizzes out there?

Snark.
Old 28-02-02, 03:32 AM   #8
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Default Re: Didn't work for me

Quote:
Originally posted by Cornhuskerfan1
I d/led it and I have the zip deal on my desk top and followed th directions but can't seem to get the servers on my WinMX. What did I do wrong

Thanks in advance for any further directions

Tami
You need to unzip the file, put the resultant opennapconfig.dat file somewhere you can remember, like I create a folder in C: called UPDATE. Then got to C:\program files\Winmxbeta and rename the original opennapconfig.dat to something else, finally copy the new opdate from your temporary folder to the winmxbeta folder: then restart WinMx...

NOTE: you MUST do these changes with WinMx completely closed down, not minimised, or it will overwrite your new file with its stored original blank one, hence the reason to keep the updates out of the way

The Text file in the archive is out of date, read it but only follow the part on updating with the SETTINGS menu..

Snark.
Old 28-02-02, 06:43 AM   #9
napho
Dawn's private genie

NICE WORK- SINCERELY, BILL GATES
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-02, 09:27 AM   #10
JackSpratts

Default Re: Guilty?

Quote:
Originally posted by Snarkridden
You don't need to go through all that Js, just open up SETTINGS
Select OpenNap Networks: Enter your own user name and pass then press RESET all Server Login button... Bingo should do it all
tried it snarkridden and it worked perfectly. i changed them all in one go (and added 2500 files to the network). nice job

- js.
Old 28-02-02, 10:21 AM   #11
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Re: Re: Guilty?

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts

tried it snarkridden and it worked perfectly. i changed them all in one go (and added 2500 files to the network). nice job

- js.
I have OFFICIALLY set up my Beta 5 + OpenNap servers to my own personal preferences AND, am in the process of successfully dling an otr file.

Looking for you Snark

Now to redo my hot lists, throttle controls, bandwidth controls, etc., ect., ect., LOL

YEA!!

Edited to Add: spoke too soon: Winmx has cuased an error in WINMX.EXE. Winmx will not close - grrrrrr................

I'll reboot and see if things don't clear themselves up by themselves.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-02, 02:15 PM   #12
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows I can see you? Yoo hoo!!!

Whoops Gr, yes there is still an issue unresolved with Beta5, it involves the search listing, sometimes falls over if you clear a list or try to sort it in an odd way.

The windows report HAS been sent to the betatest team, the error details are always the same, this is as far as I know only the second of such problems. the first being in beta 4 which is now cleared.

There are of course still a few non-working features, like individual upload throttle control, and the PLAY option for files on the upload/download screens (use OPEN to acheive this action)

I think this covers all of the major problems, at least those that trouble me, the other problem of failing to stat up/downloads is a network problem I'm sure, as is the constant disconnection, which happens at certain times of day.

Snark.
Old 28-02-02, 02:46 PM   #13
JackSpratts

my big fatal error is the one i get when i click "auto-retry". it kills this app everytime. i've reported it and i'm sure it'll get fixed forthwith as they've always been very responsive to bug hunters, unlike say, MORPHEUS!!!. ahem. but untill winmx adds multi-sourcing to the openaps, they'll still be quemx to me. seems like an easy one too. don't know why they haven't done it yet.

- js.