P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 27-02-02, 07:15 AM   #1
Mowzer
'

Exclamation RE: Unanswered Question

The sad thing is Morph and KaZaA and Grokster all use the same network and its still a centralized network.

Morph won't connect, cause the "Keys" have changed agin, but there is no update to morph that lets it speak the same lanugage and read the new keys.

Sherman Networks (Formerly fasttrack) can changce keys on the fly due to the switch to a centralized network. That was what the mysterious "version 1.3.3 security patch/upgrade" users were asked to apply, back in september.

I have the full details on my old site here.... http://www.geocities.com/p2ptech/giftalert.html

Keep in mind its a bit old, and where ver it says KazaA just insert the name Morpheus, as they are pretty much the same.

I posted a long reply in jack's original "Mystery Question thread"

To sum it up, The network as of this day, has not switched back to the decentralized form.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 07:54 AM   #2
goldie
yea, it's me.

Njah Njah

This may sound a bit on the naive side....but IF Musicity/Streamcast/Sherman Networks were only interested in providing a "free" service or even a service capable of making a few $$ than the reliance on a centralized network would seem insane and completely illogical.

But, they aren't are they?

The ultimate goal is to establish the company as a legal mega business providing legitimate mega services to mega customers, therefore whether they're decentralized or centralized would actually make no difference at all.

RIAA be damned - I really don't think they give a hoot about the RIAA and it's lawsuits at all. Sherman Networks is not interested in file sharing the way "we" file swapping pirates do............It has much bigger plans in mind to bring in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bucks.

I'll try and dig up that (real audio) link to Steve Griffin speaking the "truth" on the direction where he'd like to see Music City/Streamcast/Sherman Networks headed.

Look out BG - Steve's coming out of the closet with a doozy LOL.

Edited to add: http://mba.vanderbilt.edu/speakers/speakers0102.cfm

Just scroll down the page and you'll run into a picture of Morpheus' founding father along with a link to the audio transcript of the speech.

Last edited by goldie : 27-02-02 at 08:04 AM.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 08:05 AM   #3
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

@ethen
- do you know, if it's still possible to connect to supernodes with the gift daemon - i compiled it with gcc on nt4.0 and it said connecting supernode and slurping node ips and even once stayed connected to one node and also pushed some search messages but never got a result. they say in the readme that they do not need to know the crypto statemachine in detail to decode some essential messages like supernode ip slurping and searching (i did not really understand how that works).

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 03:47 PM   #4
Mowzer
'

@Indy

Nope, it is no longer possible to connect with the old gift daemons.

But gift has the new project going on, thats coming around pretty good.

Except, once in awhile you will find the old gift will connect and function. This has happend before. It only happens though if the network reverts to decentralized state.

@Golden rod.

I wish they would just turn morph/kazaa/grokster open source and decentralized. They could do it, but noooo, they had to go to the spy ware beast and ad hawk outifit it is today.

The head of music city must be sniffing glue if he thinks, They will win against the RIAA. I mean sure they have a chance, but they keep messing up in many ways. Like going to centralized server, that doesn't make the case easy. I wish the RIAA would go away, but the only way to do that is to have a truly decentralized client, that also packs strong security, privacy wise.

Oh well. I guess I can dream. Greed kills P2P apps.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 04:02 PM   #5
goldie
yea, it's me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethen

@Golden rod.

I wish they would just turn morph/kazaa/grokster open source and decentralized. They could do it, but noooo, they had to go to the spy ware beast and ad hawk outifit it is today.

The head of music city must be sniffing glue if he thinks, They will win against the RIAA. I mean sure they have a chance, but they keep messing up in many ways. Like going to centralized server, that doesn't make the case easy. I wish the RIAA would go away, but the only way to do that is to have a truly decentralized client, that also packs strong security, privacy wise.

Oh well. I guess I can dream. Greed kills P2P apps.
I hear ya Ethan - I'm pretty much fed up with it myself especially since this IS....err.......WAS my favorite proggie and agree with you 100%........greed does kill p2p.

<big sigh>....................
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 05:10 PM   #6
ssj4_android
Redefining Reality

But the server is k1.streamcastnetworks.com right? Isn't that just morpheus? Or are kazaa supernodes messing it up?
ssj4_android is offline   Reply With Quote