P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-02-02, 10:54 AM   #1
napho
Dawn's private genie

Smile Some people are sooooo loyal to their program

I've noticed the way Morph people are protective of their beloved P2P client. When it's pointed out others are faster they make excuses.
Some Napster loyalists use Napigator and Wrapster even now to try to keep it going.
Edonkey is a program that gets you what you want but hell it's slow, yet it's fanatical fans don't see it's faults.There must be 3 forums with 100,000 members.
Gnutella lovers argue endlessly about the relative merits of Bearshare, Limewire, XoloX etc even if they can't complete that many of their dls.
I prefer to use whatever works best for the task at hand.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-02, 11:16 AM   #2
zombywoof

Thats alright. At least there are a lot of apps to choose from and many have a large user base. I use as many as I can or those that work on my pc and get a bit familiar with each of them so I don't necessarily get hooked on to any one app, but rather use what app gives me the best chance on finding what I'm looking for. I guess it just comes down to what apps work on your system best, the type of net access you use, and the type of filesharing you are into.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-02, 11:57 AM   #3
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Sometimes I will put up with a flawed program if the content of the network is good? But in the case of Morpheus "fastrack" None of the programs really give me pleasure as with the 128 bitrate limit. Bypassing the limit or not, seems not enough people have done it to make the network a "quality music library" But it is good for leeching an app here and there
But the more apps the better makes things harder for the RIAA and its goons
AweShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-02, 04:15 AM   #4
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Whichever one works is the one I use. I actually have 3 programs currently installed. I jump from one to the other depending on what type of files I'm trying to download. So far I haven't found a perfect p2p program yet. Also, the RIAA is always going to sue and attack the largest ones so it wouldn't be too smart to just stick with one to the bitter end. Although, many p2p programs have spyware so I try not to use every new program out there.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote