P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 05-02-02, 09:28 PM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default eDonkey search..does it work?

have been using edonkey for a month or 2 , but have never been able to search .even though sharereactor works well ,there must be more stuff out there than what thry have?
is it one server i cant connect to or something i wonder
can any body else use the search on this thing?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-02, 09:38 PM   #2
napho
Dawn's private genie

First it searches on the server you're on, then you can have an extended search on other servers.
Make sure you have an up to date server list(you can get it from the Edonkey site.)
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-02, 10:56 PM   #3
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Default Re: eDonkey search..does it work?

Quote:
Originally posted by multi inter user face
even though sharereactor works well ,there must be more stuff out there than what thry have?
Shareactor only gives you what they have verified. It's exactly like my site but these guys know their html programming. All the files on their site have been checked by them and they give you a link that will start the search for you. Kind of like indy's startfiles concept with using startfiles.

You can definitely find a lot more files, by just using the search feature in eDonkey rather then using Sharereactor. Here's a quick tip: after doing a search you get the option of "extend search" or someting like that. Press that button and hold the enter key until the screen stops blinking. This makes eDonkey search all the servers.

Well good luck. I've kind of given up on eDonkey. The downloads have been very slow everytime I've used it. Although, it could be just me. I think the problem is that it doesn't allow users to limit their upload slots. This causes users with an upload cap to divide their upload so much that they become 56k speeds or slower. For example, once my cable modem was divided among 7 users but each were only gettting about 1kpbs or less. I assume that's what is happening to my download speeds

It's a shame becomes since they require everyone to share there is soooo much more rare files and sources then Morpheus.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-02, 12:28 AM   #4
multi

yep thx napho i have tried to keep the servers up2date
but didnt realise about the extended search
and yep johnDoe i agree about what u say on that
and i like your pages (hope u dont mind me putting a link from morphia?i can change it to ..egJohnDoes"morpeusinfo"page..or something if you want)
Old 06-02-02, 12:54 PM   #5
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by multi inter user face
i like your pages (hope u dont mind me putting a link from morphia?i can change it to ..egJohnDoes"morpeusinfo"page..or something if you want)
I don't mind you putting a link to my site from your's. You don't have to change the name. What you have is perfectly ok.

BTW, what speeds are you getting from edonkey anyhow? From reading a little bit of their forums, it seems that some users get decent to fast speeds while others, like me, get very little. I do know that edonkey works on a ratio. The more bandwidth you share the faster your downloads will be. Their ratio goes as follows in kb/s:

1=3
2=6
3=9
4=12
5=20
6=24
7=28
8=32
9=36
10 or more=unlimited

There are many times that my combined upload speeds were 8 or above, but I still only average around 5 kb/s or less for downloads. So multi, what numbers are you getting??
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-02, 09:52 AM   #6
multi

muhaaaa

um numbers?
sorry cant give exact numbers ,but i am on dial up so pretty bad like 0.6 some times,but usually between 1.8-4.5
have got 2 big files so far on it ,ok
tooka few days but they were
@least what they said they were(from:sharereactor)
also i managed to to install bearshare
hopefully without the spyware
(i think i got it all - is there a new ref update yet?)
but there was quite a steaming pile of $hit in adaware after
still seems to work(tho no downloads yet)
is there any other clients for gnuttella websearch that N E 1 knows of?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 15-02-02, 05:08 AM   #7
Smoketoomuch
freak

I hope this won't be out of date (the last reply being posted a week ago) but somehow it escaped my attention. Use eDonkeyBot. You can find it here:

http://www.file-finder.com/

or direct link

http://www.file-finder.com/files/eDonkeyBot-081-ENG.zip

This links are taken from the donkey forum, you can read what's new there:

http://forums.edonkey2000.com/phpBB/...06&forum=27&16

I use the bot v080 with edonkey v59. These work fine together, but the links above take you to v081.

Bot is compatible with official version, download at : http://www.edonkey2000.com/downloads.html

Also, I switched bot off when I read this at http://217.162.89.158/ipchange.html

" I think I've found a possible problem, some weeks ago the hits increased dramatically and I'm 98% sure that it's from this edonkeyBot ! About 9 from 10 request came from the bot (don't ask me why I know that) so I now will begin to refuse these requests. I saw that now just my mirrors are given as url in the bot0.62, so maybe I have to take these mirrors also down due too much traffic for my ISP (the bot produced about 500'000 hits per day on my server!) ... if everyone is using this bot, edonkey will die ;-( The reason for my serverlist was that not everyone has to check the servers himself and therefore the servers have more time to do what they really should do ! I don't know what to say anymore ..."

It was written by Maurice, who keeps an updated server list for the donkey - works similarly like trippymx for WinMX.

Then I swithced bot on again ten minutes later, when I read that the problem was solved. I post the link to that thread, because I when I read it. Read it, its very funny:

http://www.file-finder.com/pbb_us/message.php?sid=48.

Hope this helps.