P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-01-04, 09:58 PM   #1
CORRUPTERBUSTER
Apprentice Napsterite

Default Turning Up The Heat In The Kitchen

I just joined this forum yesterday because one reason is I like to read other people’s thoughts on things that are going on around the world and also in the internet world. In this thread I am not pointing any fingers at anyone in here and I don’t want to start any fights that can’t be won. Most of all, you all have your own views on how you see things that are going on with our country and our great government. I respect your views and respect the fact that you take the time to write these threads. I just hope that you all can respect me like I respect you.

Growing up in life I was too young to remember the war in Vietnam but through the years I learned a lot about the war through movies and documentaries. I have read books about all the wars that this country was in and it is sad to think how many Americans died in those wars. If you really take the time to think about it, think of the families that were left behind during those wars that is what is really sad.

I watched a documentary on Pear Harbor not long ago and thought of how many men died on that day. It was mostly service men that were killed but it was an attack on our own country. In that time and age after that happened thousands of men were standing in line to join the service to fight back to get even with Japan. The movie Pearl Harbor was a real eye opener on the attack even though it was all CG (Computer Graphics) it gave you an idea of what it must have been like on that day.

Then there were movies like Saving Privet Ryan and Band of Brothers. Which again gave you an eyes view of what combat must have been like. Those are all the classic wars that happened in the American History. We could go back in time farther but there isn’t any need to, because this thread isn’t about a history lesson. Almost all of you who will be reading this will have some idea of these subjects rather then going beyond the great wars.
The wars kept coming up time after time where the United States was involved, but then came the war of all wars Vietnam the classic arm chair General war, a war with out purpose yet we were just there. Back in the states we had protesters against the war over there and you start to understand why when you start reading why we were there at all, and then came another movie We Were Soldiers. That movie gave you a view of what that war was like. Now I know for a fact that a few people who are reading this were either there or here and you are the only ones that I have to agree with. That was a messed up war and we shouldn’t have been there because there was no reason for us to be there. So with that in mind I am going to leave this war alone.

On September 11th a day that will live in all of our minds forever written in the history books many people died on that day. What is so different from all the other wars this was an attack on the American people. This was a war of Terrorist, and it just happened to be at the time when President Bush is our President. The twin towers were already to the ground the people already dead and name on person in this world who would have acted and different then Mr. Bush did on that day. He was and is the President of the United States and the American people were looking to him for answers on how something like this could have happened. What if it would have been you or me at that time, what would you say or do? You would do the same thing. You would make sure that the American People would know you have things under control and you would also want to find the person or people involved in this strike against the American people.

There is one thing that I do know, when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor they attacked a Military bases instead of Civilians. I am sure a lot of Civilians were killed but not like they were on September 11th. Our President declared war on Terrorist alone and not on one country. This right here is different from any wars we have fought in the history. The war against terrorist had no country no boundaries. It has no government, it does not care if you have a family or that you work hard for a living. Terrorist wars have no rules or laws. These people kill for their own cause and that is their religion a religion that was written thousands of years ago.

When President Bush declared war on terrorist he declared war on the world. This presented a problem when he did this, because you can bet that many countries were calling wanting to know where the American forces were going to hit first. So he had a dilemma setting right in his lap when he sat in front of his cabinet. At that time it was, where in the hell do we start and how do we end it? We all know where it had to start and that was with Bin L, which I will call him BL through the rest of this.

BL had made a big mistake however at the same time it was a clear message to the American people. That message was that we are not safe and free from things like this, he showed us that at any time it can happen without warning. Being such our President had to make some choices for our country even if they were the wrong choices. Everyone sets around and talks their crap about our government and I say if you can do better why don’t you give up your job and get into politics and stop crying like a bunch of babies. We are at war and this war is going to continue until the end.

My own father and Uncle are both Bush haters, and we talk about it all the time. And I tell them just like I am going to tell the rest of you. I wouldn’t have made a bit of difference who was President during the past few years, the Twin towers and Pentagon still would have been hit and the acting president would have declared war on Terrorist, and everything that happened up until now would have still happened.

This is a bad deal for everyone and that means me and you and everyone else in the world. With the war in Iraq that was more of a message then a war in my eyes. It was a message that we mean business and if you mess with us we are going to be camped out in your city by the following morning. It really is all about logic, and what was the logical thing to do at the time? O.K. we have BL on the run we don’t know where he is but we know he is out there. So now lets take over Iraq, get rid of Saddom and use Iraq as a center piece in the whole plan, and that plan none of us know but our government.

How do you think we caught Saddom? News papers say that the Americans had stopped looking for weapons and that they were letting up on security. Logic tells me that was planned to make people think it was alright to come out of their holes. And it worked great. We have Saddom now, and now all we have to do is waiting for BL to make the wrong move. Ease up on the hunt, he sends out is scouts and they report back to him that everything seems to be settling down and one morning we are going to hear the news either he is dead or we got him alive. This is all in the master plan that I think our government has. What about the American people though?

Things that are going on now are still going to happen, we the people can’t do anything about that and I know that is what sucks. Gas prices are still going to go up, and our home land security is going to have to suffer. Not long ago I went to the Air Port to see a friend off on his flight, and the man that was in front of him was complaining about how long he has to wait in line for his flight because of the security. I stepped forward and tapped the guy on the shoulder and said to him, “Your still going to catch your flight and you are still going to arrive at your destination so what are you bitching about”. He just turned around and didn’t say a word, but behind me I could hear people quietly applaud me.

We all have to take the deep breath from time to time, things don’t always go the way we want them to. We all learned that from growing up when we would go to the store with our mother and see something we really wanted and she would say no. It is the same thing with growing up. So what if we didn’t find any weapons in Iraq, we know where they are it is just a matter of time. In the mean time we all should just get ready for what ever comes and deal with it the best way we can. I have a lot of respect for people like you guys in this forum who do look out for our backs. This is what makes our country so great and it is people like you.

My Dad has always said; don’t judge a person until you walk in their shoes. I believe that and live by that code and I don’t judge anyone. Everyone makes mistakes even our President, but one thing is for sure when he wakes up in the morning he still puts his pants on like the rest of us.

Dedicated to Julie Hamilton PFC United States Army who gave her life in Iraq
CORRUPTERBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote