P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 28-02-03, 03:51 PM   #1
napho
Dawn's private genie

Default New version of Shareaza out

I know everyone raves about this but I swear Bearshare works better. And of course Gnutella and Gnutella2 blow so none of their clients deliver.

Major New Features

- Added a new comments system. You can add a 0-5 star rating and rich formatted text comments to any file in your library using the "My Review" tab. You can see the average rating from other users in search results and browse host. Additionally, when you click a file you can see each user's individual rating and their review text in the new search details panel (see below).

- Added a new details panel in the search and browse host windows. This panel make it a bit easier to view information about the selected file, and also provides a place for user reviews and ratings. Also:

- You can now preview (thumbnail) files before you download them. The new details panel contains a thumbnail spot. If a preview is available for the selected file, it displays a link you can click to load the thumbnail. Thumbnails are not downloaded unless you click.

- A new album view has been added to the library, for use on audio folders. It senses the context of the view and shows a set of fixed columns and sorting appropriate for that context. It also makes an attempt at cleaning up metadata and filenames.

- New search results are now highlighted while you are working in another window, so you can see what arrived while you were away. New results are shown in bold (this feature can be turned on/off under general settings).

- Windows Media Player visualisations are now available in the Shareaza media player. There are some additional toolbar buttons in the playlist editor to make it more obvious that you can save & load playlists. Jerky video is also improved in some cases.

- Partial file sharing has been substantially redesigned to make it more efficient. Clients now try to make sure everyone has the first part of the file (for previewing), and a good random distribution of the rest of the file (for fastest possible partial interchange). Fragment allocation has been substantially improved to reduce source collisions and aid the above causes.

- New connection setup wizard step replaces the old one, and should be more effective. It asks a simple question and uses common presets for different types of Internet. It can also choose to allocate a random port number, and save it for later use (avoiding port 6346 filters). It also has options for port-forwarding, although you need to set that up yourself.

http://www.shareaza.com/download/
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-03, 07:06 PM   #2
cuda

Quote:
I know everyone raves about this but I swear Bearshare works better. And of course Gnutella and Gnutella2 blow so none of their clients deliver.

I think this thing is blown waaay over porportion too.
cuda is offline   Reply With Quote