P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 29-11-06, 06:07 PM   #1
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Default The AllPeers Thread

I'd like to give AllPeers a try and I'm hoping other Napsterites would too. AllPeers is a Firefox add-on that allows the browser to maintain a list of contacts and share files among them using SSL encryption.

The interface is pretty basic: it's just a contact list pane on the left side of the browser window and an AllPeers tool bar, both of which can be hidden. Editing your sharing preferences opens a new pane on the right side of the window. As I understand it, it uses BitTorrent to handle the file transfers. The program lets you share specific files and folders with specific people or with groups of people in your contact list. You are given full control over your shares and who see them. There is no adware, spyware, or banners so it should be pretty non-intrusive. It does require registration once you install the add-on, so I've registered as Mazer. There are no keys to share, so getting it up and running should be way easier than WASTE.

If you're interested in joining me then go here to download and install the add-on. You need Firefox to do this so if you don't have it you can get it here. AllPeers is still in beta right now so this experiment is for people who just want to test out the software. Once you're up and running just add Mazer to your contact list and post your AllPeers username here so others can add you.

Last edited by Mazer : 30-11-06 at 08:43 AM.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 06:39 PM   #2
ittybitty

i tired the downloads , but the temp file can find it
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote