P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 28-12-06, 12:56 PM   #1
AngryGnome

Default Waste integrates with Portable Apps suite

I love Waste.

I just figured out that I can integrate Waste 1.6 (which I discussed here earlier) into the Portable Apps suite at www.portableapps.com . Now I can log onto Waste from any computer with an internet connection and a usb port. I don't know if this was obvious to everyone else, but I think it's pretty great.

-AngryGnome
AngryGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-06, 03:20 PM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Cool! This is probably the simplest way to access files from your home computer while you're on the road. You just create a new mesh, and then create two logins, one for the home computer and one for your USB drive. Set your home computer to share the full contents of its hard drive and to accept incoming connections and then you can access those files from any Windows computer in the world using the USB drive. Since you won't invite anyone else to join this particular mesh you can be sure your files will be secure.

Now that you mention it, it should have been obvious, and for all I know people are already doing it. But I'm still glad you posted it, AngryGnome.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-06, 07:46 PM   #3
AngryGnome

Yeah... I feel like I should have thought of it before... but... oh well. For those of you who are interested... here's a screen shot of the Portable Apps menu with Waste integrated:

AngryGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-06, 11:18 PM   #4
Dream Catcher

i have not tried portableapps but its been years now that im using WASTE via usb flash drive but im not so sure if its 100% no registry trace on the host pc but i do not mind it.
Dream Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote