P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 01-09-02, 11:31 PM   #1
alukard666

Cry HELLLLPPPP!! cant upload

Im new to using sig2dat and ive got 2 computers, and to test to see if this stuff is working i got the file name, size, and uuhash code from a file on computer 1. plug the info into sig2dat on computer 2 and restart kazza on computer 2. the files show up in the download side of traffic, but they never connect and start dl'ing. name and size comes up but it just says its status is searching or find more sources. ive tried this with other files and they dont work either. i do have the files on computer 1 in my shared folder. im on a home network, using a netgear router on a dsl connection. any help would be most appreciated. alukard666
alukard666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-02, 12:28 AM   #2
JackSpratts

sounds like you're on two separate fasttrack nodes and your pcs just aren't aware of each other. it's a standard occurrence with non-centralized p2p systems. they may discover one another if the nodes cross over but even if they never do it's still no indication of dysfunctional uploading. you just can't test the systems in this way unfortunately.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-02, 09:38 AM   #3
Merijn

I got this theory to work on Napster a few years ago - a friend of mine and I happened to be on the same server, and I figured what the heck, let's take the long way and transfer those essay pictures in a Wrapster package. It worked beautifully and instantly.

In Kazaa, you also need to end up on the same supernode. Since it's hard to know how much supernodes there actually are (Napster had about 20, Kazaa has, say, 80.000.000 users, 2.000.000 users per supernode, that makes 40 supernodes in theory) and Kazaa has no Hotlist feature, you can't tell if you're on the same server. Also, it takes about 10 minutes (so says Kazaa itself) before a new file is 'findable' on a supernode's network. So just email the bloody thing or span it over a few floppydisks.
Merijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-02, 10:14 AM   #4
alukard666

Ohh sure send over an 80meg file of the HHH vs HBK summerslam match on a few floppies... thank you, but no. I do have people downloading from me now, I just couldnt get it to work at first.
alukard666 is offline   Reply With Quote