P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 09-12-04, 06:55 AM   #1
zombywoof

Default Rumsfeld Encounters Friendly Fire

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...=la-home-world

WASHINGTON — Anxious troops awaiting deployment to Iraq peppered Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld with questions Wednesday during his brief visit to their camp in the Kuwaiti desert, demanding to know why U.S. forces were still being sent with insufficient protection against deadly insurgents.

[i]"Our vehicles are not armored. We're digging pieces of rusted scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass … to put on our vehicles to take into combat," said one Iraq-bound soldier, whom Associated Press identified as Spc. Thomas Wilson of the Tennessee National Guard.

"As you know, you go to war with the army you have," Rumsfeld said. "They're not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time

Rumsfeld seems to has a nonchalant attitude about the concerns these soldiers bring up. Not too reassuring from the #2 guy in charge of the war. The least our leaders can do when they send those soldiers to war is give them the tools to do their job instead of running like a mom & pop operation.

Last edited by zombywoof : 09-12-04 at 07:49 AM.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 07:36 AM   #2
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
DONALD RUMSFELD: Now settle down, settle down…

(Audience laughter)

Hell, I'm an old man, and it's early in the morning, I'm just gathering my thoughts here.
http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/con...4/s1261546.htm
they missed that bit..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 08:09 AM   #3
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Gah, I hate it when politicians joke about the fact that they bullshit or have to make up excuses. I hate it even more when people go along with it.

RUMSFELD: "Hell, I'm an old man, and it's early in the morning, I'm just gathering my thoughts here..."

AUDIENCE: "Then get out of office you senile fuck..."

It's always the same old story. When journalists and media types ask 'difficult' questions, there's always a get-out clause or a way of wiggling out of a straight answer. When a stoic member of the public (or better yet, a steely-eyed, pissed-off soldier) asks the same question in a forthright and straightforward manner, the politician can't answer... stalling for time, telling jokes.

Christ, he makes Clinton look appealing.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 08:40 AM   #4
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.
if i am not mistaken he may as well say something like:
take what you are given and stfu..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 02:39 PM   #5
pisser
Guv

Yep,

The military is always getting strapped over the barrel when it comes to adequete supplies and up to date technology. When I was in the Army, they trained us on newer radio encryption equipment, which I never saw again during my enlistment.

Bush is a criminal for sending kids to their deaths without properly equipping them to deal with the enemy. Somebody ought' to frag his ass!
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 04:32 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Inciting assassination attempts now.

Hope the FBI doesn't know that

YOU KEEP A DERRINGER HIDDEN IN YOUR RECTUM

it's way up there; keep going
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-04, 06:22 AM   #7
RoBoBoy

Default plausible deniability

Both Rumsfeld and jcmd have demonstrated the principle of plausible deniability very effectively, I think.
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-04, 08:58 AM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
you miss the point, JC, try to stop ranting about Clinton this and Clinton that, coz nothing Clinton did or didn't do has anything to do with what has transpired in Iraq. in Iraq, Bush bears responsibility for it all, from a to z...and Rumsfeld too, by delegation.

Iraq a Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney & Co operation... we didn't have to go in March '03 but we did solely coz a bunch of aging neocons simply couldn't contain their throbbing erections for Saddam Hussein any longer...
- so if we did it with a shitty plan, with poorly equipped troops, unprepared for what we got into, then who really fucked up here? your boys in the White House, that's who.

Bush didn't make the war plan for Iraq. Neither did Cheny or Rumsfield. Try to find the right people to blame if your intense hatred can be put aside long enough.

Nobody wants to mention how it was a civilian reporter that gave the question/comment about scrounging scrapyards to a national guardsman to ask Rumsfield. It apparently wasn't a big enough problem for them to bother without prompting.
Old 14-12-04, 04:21 PM   #9
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Bush didn't make the war plan for Iraq. Neither did Cheny or Rumsfield. Try to find the right people to blame if your intense hatred can be put aside long enough.

Nobody wants to mention how it was a civilian reporter that gave the question/comment about scrounging scrapyards to a national guardsman to ask Rumsfield. It apparently wasn't a big enough problem for them to bother without prompting.
ah, that's right...i forgot, we no longer hold these people accountable for their decisions. reality cannot coexist with responsiblity in the faith-based presidency.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-04, 05:24 PM   #10
albed
flippin 'em off

Who's we? And who's "these people"? I'd tell you who put together the war plan but it wouldn't make any difference in your hate filled brain. Ignore the facts and just gush out propaganda; the pathetic balm of a very sore loser.

Last edited by albed : 14-12-04 at 05:35 PM.
Old 14-12-04, 05:40 PM   #11
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Who's we? And who's "these people"? I'd tell you who put together the war plan but it wouldn't make any difference in your hate filled brain. Ignore the facts and just gush out propaganda; the pathetic balm of a very sore loser.
it's Bush's war - deal with it, everybody else has to.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote