Go Back   P2P-Zone > Napsterites News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Napsterites News News/Events Archives.

Old 30-03-01, 03:36 PM   #1
tapsterman
Extreme Skier

Police close in on Milosevic
WebPosted Fri Mar 30 16:37:04 2001
BELGRADE, YUGOSLAVIA - The world's most wanted war criminal is under arrest, according to Serbian state television. Police surrounded former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic's home Friday.

Police vehicles and two ambulances have arrived in the street near Milosevic's house in Belgrade's Dedinje district. Milosevic has been under house arrest in the official residence since he was ousted from power in October 2000.

Milosevic supporters gather

Hundreds of Milosevic's supporters are also there, chanting his nickname: "Slobo! Slobo!"

Witnesses say some protesters are armed with pistols and clubs, vowing to resist any attempt to take Milosevic away.

According to state police, the rumours of Milosevic's imminent arrest began when Serbia's state security tried to replace Milosevic's bodyguards.

Slobodan Milosevic

Milosevic has been indicted by the UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague. Current Yugoslav President Vojislav Kostunica has said that Milosevic will be tried for war crimes in a Yugoslav court.

FROM MARCH 26, 2001: Serbia says UN giving Milosevic 'grace period'

The U.S. Congress set a March 31 deadline for Yugoslavia to begin co-operating with the UN war crimes tribunal, which if not met would cost Yugoslavia roughly $100 million US in aid.

tapsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-01, 06:07 PM   #2
tapsterman
Extreme Skier

Authorities close in on Milosevic
WebPosted Fri Mar 30 19:05:22 2001
BELGRADE, YUGOSLAVIA - Former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic waved at supporters from the gate of his villa, amid conflicting reports of his arrest.

INDEPTH: Slobodan Milosevic

The U.S. State Department said Yugoslav officials had informed it that Milosevic was under arrest.
Serbian state television reported Milosevic's arrest, but Milosevic's aides denied that, and the government has not yet issued an official statement.

Milosevic supporters gather

Police surrounded Milosevic's home Friday evening. Hundreds of Milosevic's supporters were also there, chanting his nickname: "Slobo! Slobo!"

Witnesses say some were armed with pistols and clubs, vowing to resist any attempt to take Milosevic away.

After hours of negotiation between the police and Milosevic's bodyguards, a convoy of jeeps, apparently carrying Milosevic, made its way from the house in Belgrade's Dedinje district to the Palace of Justice courthouse.

But Milosevic emerged to greet the supporters who have gathered through the night. He raised his fist briefly before going inside again. So it's unclear whether he was arrested and has now returned to home, or if he ever left the house to begin with.

FROM MARCH 26, 2001: Serbia says UN giving Milosevic 'grace period'

If there was an arrest, it would be prompted by an ultimatum set by the U.S.: if Milosevic wasn't in custody by March 31, the U.S. would cut off about $100 million US in aid.

Milosevic has been indicted by the UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague. But Yugoslav President Vojislav Kostunica has said that Milosevic will be tried in a Yugoslav court.

Milosevic ruled Yugoslavia for 13 years

Milosevic has occupied the official residence since he was ousted from power in October 2000.

Slobodan Milosevic

During his rise to power, Milosevic fanned the flames of Serb nationalism to cement his position as leader of Yugoslavia.

In 1999, Milosevic's forces drove hundreds of thousands of ethnic Albanians out of the province of Kosovo. Thousands were killed.

For ordering those acts, Milosevic was indicted for suspected war crimes by the UN's international tribunal.

Milosevic clung to power and refused to concede his defeat in a presidential election he had called. A huge crowd stormed the Yugoslav parliament and forced the "Strongman of the Balkans" from office.

FROM OCT. 5, 2000: Milosevic missing as protesters seize Belgrade

Many in the new government of Vojislav Kostunica reject the idea of extraditing Milosevic. They want to try him in Serbia, so his first trial will probably not be for war crimes, but for corruption.

tapsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-01, 05:55 AM   #3
DAFORC3

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by tapsterman
..which if not met would cost Yugoslavia roughly $100 million US in aid.
..only the illegal, not-approved-by-congress agression on yugoslavia created damages well over a billion dollars. until clinton and other guilty parties involved are brought upon "justice" (fairly relative term in this forced new-world order) i honestly believe they can stick their 100 mil where the sun dont shine. plus how could you even begin to think that money can pay for innocent human lives.
Old 02-05-01, 07:40 PM   #4
greedy_lars
everything you do

huh, im acually only making this post so it will say all posts by me, hahahhahhahh
greedy_lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-01, 10:42 PM   #5
cornflakeboyee
-------Gender Nectar-------

Love ThiNk AgAiN

cornflakeboyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-01, 10:47 PM   #6
greedy_lars
everything you do

oh yea, hahahahah
Old 02-05-01, 10:59 PM   #7
relic
gone for good

Quote:
Originally posted by greedy_lars
oh yea, hahahahah
was wondering what was going on....wait a mintue? do I sense a change in the air? yep I do
relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-01, 11:17 PM   #8
cornflakeboyee

Exclamation

IF YoU PoSt AgAiN, i'LL BeAt Chu Up!!
Old 02-05-01, 11:27 PM   #9
relic
gone for good

relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-01, 11:32 PM   #10
cornflakeboyee

Angry

Old 03-05-01, 10:06 AM   #11
greedy_lars
everything you do

hahahzhhahah. look ma, no brain, hahahhahahha
Old 03-05-01, 10:59 AM   #12
DAFORC3

What The?

thousands of civilians have been murdered.
a nation ripped apart and thrown into indefinite suffering.
and you are ******* around. what does that say?
Old 03-05-01, 11:17 AM   #13
greedy_lars
everything you do

it says i was bored, and yer really barking up the wrong tree daforce, if you go back are read some rather lengthy posts ive made in the past, i quite agree that the us had no business going over there and doing what it did, just as it has no business bombing iraq. but where were you when i posted said thoughts? its so important to you, yet you dident respond back then. so well, i dont expect responses when i post serious material. but that were doing stupid ass posts in this thread is in no reflection of how i feel on the matter. and look at it this way, this thread was dead city, no responses in how long, now it has a little life, be it misdirected.
Old 03-05-01, 12:27 PM   #14
DAFORC3

Lightbulb

gl, it could've been that i've been absent then as i have and the result has been posted in criminal activity thread of mine in the underground forum. it could've been that i had simply overlooked your post. it could've been for many other obvious reasons. i have read what you have posted about your feelings on the matter.
it is also true that when i messed around in a "serious" thread, that stupid woman's divorce and how her husband's taking the pc outta house so she wont post, i was banned. i do not have that power against you except to perhaps appeal to your common sense.
it seems that ignorance remains bliss to my regrets.
Old 03-05-01, 12:33 PM   #15
greedy_lars
everything you do

dude life is too short to be all serious or to be banning anyone, and i know gaz thinks of ban as the last option, none of the mods or admins want anyone banned, shit the people others want banned usually post more interesting content and funny chit than the ones that want them banned. and even though ive said it all before at length, this evening ill look see if i saved them, if i did ill repost them here for you, if not ill do a fresh/stale diatribe that will make my feelings clearer, for your beifit sir. at my last job i worked with a guy from serbia, called him the serbian devil, and i liked him a lot, and learned a lot from him about serbia. oooo, but now its lunch time, yeaaaaaaa, burger time again, ahh more of the fatening fast food............
Old 03-05-01, 12:52 PM   #16
DAFORC3

Say Wha?

hm well i didnt mean to get on your case anyhow
so i don't think there's a need to start anything.
i responded because i had been aware of your
position. now more so. it just hadn't been logical
for you then to post such content here. thats all.

and i'd have to go for canned food. delivery's shut.
Old 04-05-01, 04:54 AM   #17
Pacewon

It is quite heartless just phukking around like this in a thread dedicated to millions of people dead, millions more having to leave their country and move to a different place....
Pacewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-01, 09:53 AM   #18
greedy_lars
everything you do

man now i got pace on my case too, argh!!! ok today ill look for what i was tellin ya about daforce and post it here in this thread, so that maybe my real feelings about this matter can be transparent........

edit: millions?!?!?! oh wait i was talking about serbia/kosovo, i dunno what pace is talking about.....

and if you were talking about the same thing then, i think we should have stayed out of it and let serbia and the kosovars do their own thing, if the kosovo folks dident like getting their asses soundly kicked they should not have been doing terrorist shit to serbia for so long, till they finally got pissed off and took care of business, the same way russia did with chechenya for the exact same reasons.

Last edited by greedy_lars : 04-05-01 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-05-01, 04:55 PM   #19
Pacewon

Hmm...
I was talking about Americans in Bosnia, and then Kosovo... Plus there's Nam, Iraq and many more...
Pacewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-01, 06:14 PM   #20
greedy_lars
everything you do

hey daforce and pace, umm, if ya have some time to kill, go and read what this guy has to say, i think he is da man,and i agree with 99.9 percent of what he says, and he says it so much better than i ever could...........

What Uncle Sam Really Wants

Last edited by greedy_lars : 04-05-01 at 06:15 PM.