P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 30-01-03, 06:07 AM   #1
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Default How's the C?

I'd like to c an app to integrate the interfaces we use.. If you ply them c's then pony up.. Hark the link at the bottom of the page an give a hollar.. I's 'bout most any time..

Š

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-03, 06:10 AM   #2
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Big Laugh

Come on Diego, don't be so shy and cryptic... .... your idea is good and valid so please lay it out in more detail so that all will understand what it is about...

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-03, 06:28 AM   #3
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Hokey dokey..my idea is a modular data management system..

The body of the program would manage files on local and remote systems; LAN and WAN; and work with media; movies, music, documents, photos, etc.; with internal functions as well as user-definable applications.

The modules would add support for varying services and each would add a complete interface for that service. Services like ftp/fxp, http, newsgroups, etc. would ship with the 'official' release while P2P modules for the various networks would come later, possibly not direct from the development team but as so-called 'hacks', for development protection.

The idea would be to encourage developers to write their own modules, even ones we have already done, but to their style, and so would be opensource at least to the point of the module interface in the main program; though some sections may not go open, such as the encryption.

Each module would add a complete interface for that service and uploads and downloads from each module could be monitored and to some extent managed from a common page. As could the varying servers local and remote.

As well as a multi-platform data management system, it would also be a resource management system and give the user the ability to define the resources for not only the individual interfaces, but for specific uploads/downloads on each interface. The data management screen could even schedule uploads and downloads right across the platform for each interface, regulating both when to send/receive and how much bandwidth and system resources to allocate.

We have this and that access to the different areas of filesharing, what we need is a nexus for them all. An interface where you can send to and receive from a wide variety of services and properly manage the resources those services use.

The pieces are all available, we need a team to put them together in a handy interface..

Š

Old 31-01-03, 06:34 AM   #4
napho
Dawn's private genie

Man you're ambitious!!!!
Will this be before or after you find a cure for cancer and become President of the United States?
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-03, 09:01 AM   #5
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Before or after?! Who ever said ambition needs be sequential??

Honestly though, all of the varying interfaces, controls and protocols have been written and re-written, we need to put them together so they can work together intelligently; give the user control of their resources as never before.

The thought was inspired in part by the Webmin interface in Linux; an interface interface. I dunno about you, but I'm tired of my apps fighting all the time for bandwidth, drive space, etc..

The application could also provide increased security for the user in that it would monitor all incoming and outgoing traffic. A db of IPs of known RIAA/MPAA/etc. enthused security firms (like the 4.23.*.* & 4.43.*.* of MediaFarce [sic] which is currently spidering boundless EFnet) to warn, and block, connections from such addresses.

Just ideas..

Š

Old 31-01-03, 01:45 PM   #6
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

No estįn mordiendo, seńora tanque..

Oh bien..guardaré el intentar..

Š

Old 31-01-03, 06:38 PM   #7
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Šiego
Honestly though, all of the varying interfaces, controls and protocols have been written and re-written, we need to put them together so they can work together intelligently; give the user control of their resources as never before.

The thought was inspired in part by the Webmin interface in Linux; an interface interface. I dunno about you, but I'm tired of my apps fighting all the time for bandwidth, drive space, etc..

The application could also provide increased security for the user in that it would monitor all incoming and outgoing traffic. A db of IPs of known RIAA/MPAA/etc. enthused security firms (like the 4.23.*.* & 4.43.*.* of MediaFarce [sic] which is currently spidering boundless EFnet) to warn, and block, connections from such addresses.

Just ideas..

Š
A tiny suggestion : why not investigate forking/creating modules for ClarkConnect or IPCop Firewall. I don't know how feasible it would be for non-Unix platforms, however IPCop is a GPL'd project. I'm not sure about ClarkConnect as the free version is smaller, so I assume that the full version contains proprietary (closed) components...
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote