P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 03-08-17, 04:41 AM   #1
Wenchie
Salsera

Default Who is the last artist/concert you went to see ?

Was it what you expected? or better or worse? Ive found that a couple of artists Ive seen recently were a bit of a let down in live performance for one reason or another.....whats your experience?
Wenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 10:19 PM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Based solely on what I've seen and heard of concert recordings, live shows are quite often disappointing. Some musicians are just so jaded that they can phone it in and still sell concert tickets because nostalgia.

I've only ever been to one concert (I've wanted to see many, but I've never gone through the hassle of getting tickets). It was a Rush concert at The Gorge in George, Washington. Although they performed a few songs I'd never heard on the radio, they played the hits and they were proficient, they were mostly entertaining, and even though my companion insisted that we leave early to avoid the traffic jam, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was more than I expected but less than I had hoped (perhaps I haven't delved into Rush's catalog deeply enough to really appreciate their artistry). That concert was 5 years ago.

Sadly, I have yet to see another live show, but I work in an industry that has proffered many opportunities to meet famous musicians (concert season working at an airport has its perks). I've had the pleasure of meeting Elvis Costello, Dave Matthews, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne and the rest of Black Sabbath, Tom Petty, Lana Del Rey, Robert Plant, Alesso, and Florida Georgia Line, and I've been present at the airport while coworkers of mine got to greet Aerosmith as well as Jared Leto with the rest of 30 Seconds to Mars. And I know I'm dropping a lot of names, but I also got to meet John Krasinski and Emily Blunt a few years ago when their plane had to divert to my airport due to foggy weather. He was a little distracted by the circumstances and wasn't very friendly, but she was super nice.

Last edited by Mazer : 03-08-17 at 10:35 PM.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 07:27 AM   #3
Wenchie
Salsera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

Sadly, I have yet to see another live show, but I work in an industry that has proffered many opportunities to meet famous musicians (concert season working at an airport has its perks). I've had the pleasure of meeting Elvis Costello, Dave Matthews, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne and the rest of Black Sabbath, Tom Petty, Lana Del Rey, Robert Plant, Alesso, and Florida Georgia Line, and I've been present at the airport while coworkers of mine got to greet Aerosmith as well as Jared Leto with the rest of 30 Seconds to Mars. And I know I'm dropping a lot of names, but I also got to meet John Krasinski and Emily Blunt a few years ago when their plane had to divert to my airport due to foggy weather. He was a little distracted by the circumstances and wasn't very friendly, but she was super nice.
Sounds like a pretty interesting job you have there !

I went to CMC Rocks Queensland for the last two years (Country music festival) and both times have been pretty disapointed with the 'headliners' this year it was Dixie Chicks, Ive just loved them forever but after their performance , I really wouldnt bother again, extremely late to begin (after waiting for the stage to be polished to their satisfaction) they came on but pretty much zero interaction which is kind of the usual deal at a festival. Mediocre at best. FGL headlined last year and were pretty great, basically how you hear them on radio is what they delivered on stage, Lee Brice was boring as hell, love his music but he's not great in front of a crowd
I saw Jill Barber from Canada a few years ago, just her on a tiny stage in a back bar in a pub here and she was AMAZING ! I just tend to think that live concerts really show up who has the goods for real
Old 04-08-17, 06:35 PM   #4
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

haven't been to a show in many years...having a small child around will do that to you
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 07:45 AM   #5
Wenchie
Salsera

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
haven't been to a show in many years...having a small child around will do that to you
Absolutely ! Sadly, my days of small children around are past...although grandchildren help fill the gap !