P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-07-05, 01:11 PM   #3
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Dutch File Sharing Decision Made

Moves to identify illegal downloaders in HOLLAND have been blocked by a Dutch judge.

A court in Utrecht heard that anti-piracy group Brein made demands for five net service suppliers to hand over the names and addresses of file-sharers following investigative work by US company Media Sentry.

The judge presiding in the case ruled that the American firm had broken tough laws that protect privacy in Holland by identifying the file-sharers.

But Brein, which represents 52 media organisations including Sony Music, Universal and EMI, said it will take the case to a higher court.

As a result the victory could be short lived because the court ruled that the group did have the power to force net firms to surrender data if they found out the information legally.

Nine people who have already been identified by Brein, have reached out-of-court settlements with the organisation.
http://www.nme.com/news/113007.htm

HEHEHE those fuckers never seize to amaze me. For the longest time Brein tries to pass themselves off as investigators while they don't have the right to even investigate my narrow little ass. There for every little piece of that so-called evidence they might find is rendered useless in a court of law (smart going dudes)

All Brein is trying to accomplish is that they can ask for the name and addresses of file sharers without going through court. Right now Dutch privacy laws prevent non-government and/or commercial parties to obtain such information.

Now lets look at that evidence. It consist of nothing more than an IP address and they try to sniff around on my machine … WOW that is so not impressive … Thank god those two will hold water in a court of law (NOT). Everybody knows that IP’s can’t be spoofed .
And by snooping around on my computer they actually broke a law of their own … oh goody more illegally obtained evidence.

In short SHARE ON NETHERLANDS.