P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 21-04-02, 10:33 AM   #21
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Hi all,

my musical fits come in waves. I currently am listening to more Depeche Mode than ever before in the last 5 years. But unlike before, I'm concetrating on a lot of live bootlegs, trying to recapture memories of past concerts.

But there are times when I can last for months without lsitening to my fav band. It's times like these that I need so not to oversaturate myself and lose interest in the long run. Or as others have stated, not to lose my sanity and grasp of reality.

Other musical fits I had in my life:

Queen - Greatest Hits 1
Beatles - Red and Blue album

and a few others I'm too embarassed to mention

@Nanook:
Don't settle for the imitation, if you can get the real thing. Try the following replacement in your playlist:

Mike Koglin - The Silence <-> Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

Stoepsel
Old 21-04-02, 11:24 AM   #22
JackUzi
Power and Glory

When I was 15 I would have tended to listen to an album intensely and non-stop for a week. Mainly cos I didnt have many records and music just makes a deeper impression when yer that age.

The Smiths-"Hatful of hollow"
Nirvana-"Nevermind" (tape is literally worn away)
Sonic youth-"Dirty" (ditto)
JackUzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-02, 11:26 AM   #23
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Especially The Host of the Seraphim, Severance, The Writing on My Father's Hand and Chant of the Paladin. This CD hasn't left my player for about a week.

P.S. I'm fifteen.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-02, 01:44 PM   #24
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Quote:
Originally posted by JackUzi
When I was 15 I would have tended to listen to an album intensely and non-stop for a week. Mainly cos I didnt have many records and music just makes a deeper impression when yer that age.
JackUzi,
I can totally relate to that. That were the years that were to determine my musical taste for the next 20 years, amybe even the rest of my life.
I also had my favourite music recorded on tape, because I didn't have enough money to buy LPs. Everywhere I went, my Walkman went with me.

One more musical fit from the past: When I was 12 I was sick for a few weeks. During that time I constantly listened to Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms. It sure helped me through that tough time and still gets me all emotional when I listen to it now.

Stoepsel - Feeling 15 all over again...
Old 21-04-02, 05:53 PM   #25
JackUzi
Power and Glory

Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't and couldnt listen to anything but Radiohead's "Amnesiac" album around September 11th and the weeks after. A lot of the lyrics were pretty chilling to hear at the time....
JackUzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-02, 09:15 AM   #26
dead_frog
Oddball

Arrow

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't and couldnt listen to anything but Radiohead's "Amnesiac" album around September 11th and the weeks after. A lot of the lyrics were pretty chilling to hear at the time....
You and Whose Army comes to mind...

I went through a mean Radiohead fit, getting all their bsides and then moving on to post Pablo Honey Albums. It was a good fit. Right now my Britpop fit drags on, as I dig around in Oasis.

dead_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-02, 07:31 AM   #27
Wenchie
Salsera

Default if the shoe fits........

Having a major 'old aussie bands/songs' fit at the moment....also commonly known in the wild as the 'revisting my long lost (misspent?) youth' fit

Cold Chisel - Khe Sanh
Do Re Mi - Man Overboard (killer song!)
Eric Bogle - And tThe Band Played Waltzing Matilda
Hush - Glad All Over (am I really this old??!!)
John Farnham - Burn For You
Paul Kelly - Dumb Things
Paul Kelly - To Her Door
Redgum - Fabulon
Redgum - Poor Ned
Redgum - Where Ya Gonna Run To
Redgum - Ive Been To Bali Too

throw in some Yothu Yindi....Wendy Matthews ..... John Williamson and whatever else I manage to remember(keyword!) and find !
Wenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-02, 09:06 PM   #28
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:

The Smiths-"Hatful of hollow"
Nirvana-"Nevermind" (tape is literally worn away)
Sonic youth-"Dirty" (ditto)
Same here....and I have to wonder if that gave me a deeper appreciation for the songs. There are tons of obscure tracks that I know and love to this day, only because I played the LP or the cassette over and over again and found that other tracks grew on me, besides the ones that had orginally inspired to go buy it in the first place. Now, I download a song, give it a quick listen and make an immediate decision whether to keep it or delete it...I often wonder if I am giving the music I d/l enough of a chance to plant the seeds of appreciation in my brain
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-02, 03:42 PM   #29
Bronxie
Culo!

Peace

I'm currently having an Enigma musical fit. I'm gonna take all of their cds, make the tracks into mp3s and put it on my mp3 player. Then I can listen to soothing music anytime me wants
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-02, 02:40 AM   #30
Shani
Spagal

Arrow

I've been having a Tori Amos fit for a while now..

on rotation lately.. here in my head and her version of whole lotta love, siren (acoustic), way down, Amber waves off the new album..
Shani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-02, 01:13 AM   #31
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Waiting for Tori's new album, sure to be my next fit.

Currently: Frou Frou (Imogen Heap & Guy Sigsworth) - Details.

Bought it a couple of days ago just because Jon Hassell plays a few trumpet solos on it and Brian Eno co-wrote a song on it, and I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THE DAMNED THING OVER AND OVER.

It's sort of like Garbage grew up, moved to France and smoked some opium... only better.

Old 12-09-02, 04:44 AM   #32
Shani
Spagal

Arrow

ramona, I have 6 tracks off Scarlet's Walk.. if you want I can up them for you. (if you havent already heard them)

you know this is all your fault.. I was downloading your top 10 "Life Without the Possibility of Parole in an All-Male Facility" list
Shani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-02, 11:24 AM   #33
relic
gone for good

here's some of my musical fits:

Third Eye Blind
Ben Folds (and Ben Folds Five)
Sugar Ray
Radiohead
At the Drive In
Once Again
Rage Against the Machine
Stone Temple Pilots
System of a Down
Creed
Everlast
Everclear

and the most irritating fit i'm currently on is always listening to Cake - I Will Survive. It seems like my hand just wants to automatically double click this file and get it playing out over my speakers
relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-02, 12:29 PM   #34
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Thanks for the kind offer Shani, but Ima wait 'till the bleery eyed truckers bring hard copies to my local record sto'. I've been trolling said establishment every day waiting for it to show up--and also for Peter Gabriel's UP to appear. Yesterday as I wandered around I heard an unknown-to-me Gabriel song and asked the clerk the origin of the song. He didn't know, went to check and returned with an advance promo copy of UP and flashed it at me. I barely restrained the urge to wrestle him to the ground for it.

Anyway, I'm still way hooked on the above mentioned Frou Frou - Details and strongly urge everyone to try to find it. (Especially Ms. Wenchie, who I feel certain will be as crazy about it as I am judging from some of her previously mentioned musical crushes.) Let me know if you can't find it out there in share-land and I'll get on KaAzA and set it free.
Old 14-09-02, 04:32 PM   #35
Wenchie
Salsera

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramona_A_Stone

Anyway, I'm still way hooked on the above mentioned Frou Frou - Details and strongly urge everyone to try to find it. (Especially Ms. Wenchie, who I feel certain will be as crazy about it as I am judging from some of her previously mentioned musical crushes.) Let me know if you can't find it out there in share-land and I'll get on KaAzA and set it free.

thanks ramona dear......... I will 'check it out'
Old 26-10-02, 09:51 AM   #36
Shani
Spagal

Nut

latest musical fits:

hendrix's If 6 was 9 and elvis' heartbreak hotel.. well since my baby left me <boom boom>
Old 10-01-03, 09:35 AM   #37
Cash--
$¢$¢¢$

My last musical fit lasted about 2 years

Over Van morrison's Melancolia

I had been told that it was tom waits who had done it.....so i looked and looked and looked......eventually i hit upon the idea that it was someone else, and did a google search on the lyrics.
Cash-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-03, 11:14 AM   #38
Wenchie
Salsera

ah ramona......... Im finally getting that frou frou....... the memory fails me terribly these days......... ( early onset alzheimers I fear!)

so........ the latest fits of the musical persuasion are a couple of songs that are always haunting the playlist :

live - run to the water
hawksley workman - striptease

totally addicted!
Old 19-01-03, 12:53 AM   #39
Wenchie
Salsera

Default update

frou frou - let go

good call ramona!!
Old 19-01-03, 05:30 AM   #40
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

Thumbs up

Thanks for suggesting Frou Frou Stoner! I LOVE the music, and am currently in a download frenzy, getting as many songs I can find.