Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 14-08-03, 01:54 AM   #1
Wenchie
Salsera

Default Mixing ??

Want to start making mixes
Any help , tips etc regarding software or anything at all greatly appreciated. did I suck up enough yet?
Wenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-03, 06:23 AM   #2
naz
-

ACID Pro is the easiest out of the ones I've used.

Quote:
Part One: MULTITRACKING

Use the view > explorer option to display the file explorer. Drag a sound file into the centre of Acid. The beatmapper dialog will appear for long tracks. You can skip ahead to the beatmapper part of the tutorial now or later. For this part I cancelled the beatmapper wizard.

A track will appear on the left part of the work area. To start your mix, click the pencil icon and click and drag the waveform right. This can take a while and its quite awkward. To multitrack, load a second file into Acid and start dragging where you want to start the overlap between tracks one and two.

Part Two: ENVELOPING

A volume envelope allows you to control the volume levels. Right-click a track, Insert Volume Envelope. A brown line will appear. Right click the line where you would like to begin a volume transition, select add point. Add another point where you would like the volume transition to end. Drag the points to manipulate volume.
There's a lot more like beatmapping and tempo changes, but the above two steps make basic mixes really easy
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-03, 06:32 AM   #3
Wenchie
Salsera

ty naz youre a legend !!

I think this is gonna be fun!
Old 14-08-03, 06:34 AM   #4
naz
-

I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-03, 08:35 AM   #5
TheOnlyBob
Alien In a Penguin Suit

look for a program called TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2.0:

I use it and it rocks. ts like having two turntables on your PC.

-----

Professional DJ Software

Now available for PC, Mac OS 9.2, and Mac OS X.
TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2.0 is the most powerful and versatile software solution for professional DJ mixing, live remixing and mix recording using tracks in MP3, WAV, AIFF, and Audio CD* format.

Unique tools for advanced DJ mixing
TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2.0 exceeds the possibilities of traditional DJ equipment by implementing a vast range of mixing features that only software can provide.
This includes graphic waveform displays, tempo recognition and automatic synchronization, up to 10 cue points and 10 tempo-precise loops per track, and a track database with ultra fast search function.

TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2.0 was developed in cooperation with professional DJs and opens up a whole new world of real-time mixing and remixing possibilities.
Old 15-08-03, 02:37 PM   #6
Wenchie
Salsera

Thanks bob........will check it out
Old 17-08-03, 08:12 AM   #7
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

i see a demo version of Acid Pro - what are the restrictions on the demo version?

edit: never mind - i see 'em: either limited time or limited functionality....

there must be a way around this
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-03, 06:55 AM   #8
greatdj1
Musically Inclined

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOnlyBob
look for a program called TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2.0:

I use it and it rocks. ts like having two turntables on your PC.

Can you scratch with it?
greatdj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-03, 08:39 AM   #9
TheOnlyBob
Alien In a Penguin Suit

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdj1
Can you scratch with it?
Yes you can. Its now quite like the feel of vinyl on your hands but it does work.. you just have to get used to it. It would be better to get a external scratching pad if you want to have the feel of vinyl for scratching.
Old 22-08-03, 07:43 AM   #10
theflaco

Two more:

VirtualDj

Atomixmp3
theflaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-03, 11:29 AM   #11
assorted
WAH!

if you want to beatmatch (make one song lead into the next without the beat stopping) you'll need to learn acid. if you want to just try out making stuff that's more like compilations with cool begin/end points on the songs and with samples, etc you'll need an audio studio program, which are easier to learn then acid. cool edit 2k, cool edit pro, and soundforge are all capable of doing that job and are easier to learn then acid.

you'll find there's a section called 'tutorials' on our site that has um... tutorials for all the programs i've mentioned (including acid). though they are short and limited in scope they will easily get you started.

if you make one make sure to send it on to us!