P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 24-05-03, 10:12 PM   #1
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

Question New live zep

anyone get the album yet ? I looking for it and don`t know the album name .
ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-03, 03:35 AM   #2
napho
Dawn's private genie

How The West Was Won-3 CDs

http://www.musicspace.com/product.asp?catalog_name=MusicSpace&product_id=MS0421&cookie %5Ftest=1
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-03, 09:20 AM   #3
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-03, 03:12 PM   #4
JackSpratts

nice. i've gotten about 1/2 since i saw this thread. i really like "that's the way".

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-03, 02:45 PM   #5
ab-NORM-al
Dreaming of ULTIMATE p2p file sharing....yup yup!

thanks for the "spur"

got a FANTASTIC version of live No Quarter

not sure that's on the album though

edit: nope it isn't ....hmm, how unfortunate

luv alla yuz
ab-NORM-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-03, 11:14 PM   #6
JackSpratts

i finally got the whole thing and it's pretty amazing. i only wish i could've seen them when they were this good. wow.

And here, for history, is the best evidence there is likely to be of just how great Led Zeppelin, on a good night, could be. Here too, for pure listening pleasure, is the thrill of arguably the most influential rock sound of the last 35 years carefully, deliriously arriving at itself.

nyt

- js.
Old 27-05-03, 06:23 AM   #7
ab-NORM-al
Dreaming of ULTIMATE p2p file sharing....yup yup!

hey Jack

got it from you last night on SoulSeek < skippyPB>

luv alla yuz
ab-NORM-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-03, 08:17 AM   #8
napho
Dawn's private genie

I see the new Metallica live album is out now too. A little sooner than they wanted.

http://www.mfnrocks.com/metallica5.html
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-03, 11:53 AM   #9
thinker
Ex-Singular

I was listening to several tracks last night (our local classic rock station ran the Premier Radio Networks 2-hour Led Zeppelin Live special), and it was great. I will be buying this one, of course.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-03, 07:09 PM   #10
JackSpratts

i would've bought it today i surely would yessirree iffn i didn't hate the gul danng dern ding bing bang ding dong r.effinn i.effin. a.effinn. a a a! ay yup. hey norm! it suren is poplur. sombody by the name a jackspratts has 135 qued u/l's jus fur zep.

- js.
Old 30-05-03, 07:53 PM   #11
greedy_lars
everything you do

umm personally coulden't care less bout zep live, but, when i read this thread it occured to me i might pop in and say...

go into Kazaa lite, or what ever you like better, and do a search for yer desired artist plus the word live, or bootleg. i did it with pink floyd and found not only the bootleg i had and lost( an awsome live version of dark side of the moon live complete with the lords prayer and chickens clucking), but a shitload more, 579 megs of mp3s in fact, all bootleg concert material dateing back to their second or thrid album. weeee. free rocks.
greedy_lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 08:19 PM   #12
chefws

No wonder I hang out here with such great people sharing such great information!!!
Old 05-07-03, 12:06 PM   #13
JackUzi
Power and Glory

There's a live Led Zep concert from the Albert Hall, 1970 on the net. I watched it last night. Now I'm not a Led Zep hata, wrote some of the most memorable riffs ever, John Bonham was a fantastic drummer blah blah and I was interested to see what they were like live. But hell, they were some self-indulgent motherfuckers! I mean this was an early gig, I shudder to think what they were like later on in their career. Jimmy Page playing the guitar with a bow is pure Spinal Tap 'cept 1000x more boring...and Robert Plant! what a pretentious ponce!
JackUzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-03, 02:48 PM   #14
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by JackUzi
There's a live Led Zep concert from the Albert Hall, 1970 on the net. I watched it last night. Now I'm not a Led Zep hata, wrote some of the most memorable riffs ever, John Bonham was a fantastic drummer blah blah and I was interested to see what they were like live. But hell, they were some self-indulgent motherfuckers! I mean this was an early gig, I shudder to think what they were like later on in their career. Jimmy Page playing the guitar with a bow is pure Spinal Tap 'cept 1000x more boring...and Robert Plant! what a pretentious ponce!
that's funny - i saw them live in at the Capitol Center in DC back in 1970-something (it was like their last US show before Robert Plant's son got killed) and i can remember thinking the same thing as Bonham was doing a 45 minute drum solo that ran about 43 minutes too long
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-03, 12:27 PM   #15
thinker
Ex-Singular

So you were there either on the 25th, 26th, 28th, or 30th of May, 1977. However, that wasn't the last show before Karac's death. That would be the July 24, 1977 show at the Oakland Coliseum (which started three hours late due to the backstage beating that took place involving Peter Grant and John Bonham the day before).

Curious...what constitutes self-indulgency in any band (not just Led Zeppelin)? I would really like to know what people's views are as far as that is concerned.

JackUzi...what you watched is likely from DVD One of Led Zeppelin DVD. One thing I didn't like about the DVD release, though, was the lack of between song remarks (usualy made by Plant). While I'm not certain if this was more common during later years ('73 on), sometimes they explained some things and could be quite funny.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-03, 03:45 PM   #16
theflaco

I have it and EVERYTHING of LZ.

theflaco
theflaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-03, 06:24 PM   #17
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by thinker
So you were there either on the 25th, 26th, 28th, or 30th of May, 1977. However, that wasn't the last show before Karac's death. That would be the July 24, 1977 show at the Oakland Coliseum (which started three hours late due to the backstage beating that took place involving Peter Grant and John Bonham the day before).

Curious...what constitutes self-indulgency in any band (not just Led Zeppelin)? I would really like to know what people's views are as far as that is concerned.

JackUzi...what you watched is likely from DVD One of Led Zeppelin DVD. One thing I didn't like about the DVD release, though, was the lack of between song remarks (usualy made by Plant). While I'm not certain if this was more common during later years ('73 on), sometimes they explained some things and could be quite funny.
yup, May of '77 would be about right - i was a senior in high school...

seems like self-indulgence occurs when bands get the attitude that they've transcended the music and have become the main attraction....and pretty much anything they do onstage is gonna fly with the audience coz they're the ones doing it...
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 09:10 AM   #18
sith
Dark Lord

yeah i got it, its awesome
sith is offline   Reply With Quote