P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-08-01, 07:40 PM   #21
Yeah-I-Did-It

run regedit then hit cntrl -f for a search type limitbitrate and see what you get?
Old 16-08-01, 07:48 PM   #22
mike4947
I'd rather be sailing

Quote:
Originally posted by Yeah-I-Did-It
run regedit then hit cntrl -f for a search type limitbitrate and see what you get?

NADA....that's the problem. I deleted and downloaded it 3 times, and nothing, so I said the Hell with it until they get it fixed and just play with WinMx, besides I'm waiting till I can scrap up enough to add another hard drive, my 30 gig's are 27 gig's of mp3's.

So do I burn off some Mp's to make room and spend the money on CD-R's or do I wait till I've got the bread for another drive so I can listen to music without trying to find the damn CD-R it's on, and then copy what I want to listen to over to the drive so I don't have to keep swapping CD-R's. I'll wait for the drive.
Old 16-08-01, 07:59 PM   #23
Yeah-I-Did-It

Good idea i just put in 30GIG Maxtor 7200 rpm bringing my total to 70 gigs. price was okay found it onsale at Circuit City for $75. Can probably find better deals online but you can't take them home the same day. Sticking with WinmX is not a bad thing I still find better results and less headaches with it Kazaa is always my last ditch effort.
Old 17-08-01, 12:25 AM   #24
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by mike4947

The problem I've got Jack is I've cleaned out everything remotely resembling morpheus and Kazaa in the registry and still when I download it it comes up with 128 limit and their "fix" doesn't even exist in the 1.3 version I've downloaded. ? ? ?
mike, here's all my morpheus registry information. you may have this already but if not, hope it helps you (or anyone else).

All of the registry settings for Morpheus can be found at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus and the keys below that.

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus there is only one option you can change ... LimitBitrate. Setting this to 1 will limit the bitrate to 128 kbps, like Kazaa. Setting to 0 will set the bitrate back to normal. (320 kbps limit).

Next, underneath this is a key called:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus\Advanced
with 2 values you can change:
MaxSearchResult - Set this to the maximum number of search results you want to return. Make sure you are writing in decimal, and not hexadecimal when you do this.
SuperNode - Set to 0 to stop your machine from becoming a supernode. Set to 1 to allow supernode status.

Next, is the key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus\InstantMessaging
This key has 2 values:
IgnoreAll - Set to 1 to ignore all instant messages. Set to 0 to allow instant messages.
IgnoredUsers - this is just a list of all the users on your ignored list, if any.

Next:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus\LocalContent
Has lots of values in it:
Dir## - Each value called Dir## is one of your shared directories. These should go from Dir0 to Dir(number of shared directories - 1) Look through these and make sure that you aren't sharing any directories you don't want to. If you decide to delete or add to this list, make sure that you rename the names of Dir## so that they are all in order and you aren't skipping any numbers.
DisableSharing - Set to 1 to disable sharing of your files. Set to 0 to allow sharing.
DownloadDir - Your default download directory.

Next:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus\Settings
only has 1 value under it:
WarnShare - Set to 1 to disable the popup warning you get when you unshare a file. Set to 0 to enable it.

Next:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus\SOCKS
This has to do with your firewall settings. Since I don't use these options, and I don't really understand them, I'm not going to try to explain them, but they can all be edited through Tools -> Options, and clicking on the Firewall tab.
For most users there will only be 1 value in here called Enabled, which is set to 0, meaning that the use of a SOCKS5 proxy server is disabled.

Next:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus\Transfer
This is where you can set maximum downloads, uploads (in new version), and bandwidth. The values in here are:
ConcurrentDownloads - Set to the maximum number of concurrent downloads you want to allow. Set to 0 for unlimited. Make sure you edit this value in decimal, not hexadecimal.

ConcurrentUploads - version 1.3 only. Set to the maximum number of concurrent uploads you would like to allow. Set to 0 for unlimited. Anything past this number will be queued.
DlDir0 - I'm not sure what this is. It's blank on mine. Possibly for future use?

UploadBandwidth - this is where you set the maximum bandwidth allowed for uploads in kilobytes per second. Change this to whatever you want, but, it MUST BE a power of 2, between 8 and 8192. Also, as always, make sure that you are in decimal, not hexadecimal, when you change this. Set to 0 for unlimited.

Next, and last:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus\UserDetails

Password - DON'T TOUCH THIS
PasswordLength - DON'T TOUCH THIS
UserName - DON'T TOUCH THIS

PromptBeforeInstalling - Set to 1 to prompt before installing new updates. Set to 0 to install new updates without prompting. (MusicCity doesn't use the autoupdate feature anyway, so this doesn't really matter.)

AutoConnected - Not sure about this one. Might be the fix for the start-up that can't be deactivated but I don't know.

- js.
Old 17-08-01, 12:43 AM   #25
mike4947
I'd rather be sailing

Like I said Jack, I had all kinds of Kazaa lines in the registry and Jaan and MC told me it was because I had Kazaa on my machine.
I've never even been near the Kazaa site much less downloaded anything from it.

This still might be from the abortive "pre release for our special friends", which was really corrupted, they put out 5 days before the offical release.