P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 26-02-02, 04:40 AM   #1
Smoketoomuch
freak

yeah, what scyth says. I read this>

"They collect no personal information all they do is server up the banner at the top of the donkey. If anyone determines that this is not true please let us know and we will remove them immediately. "

Morpheus had something very similar, the manner in which the banner appeared and refreshes is similar to the donkey.

I'm not sure which version I have though - every version comes with the option to disable bundled crap, and if you do it, there is no secret software install behind your back. Notice that> "If anyone determines that this is not true please let us know and we will remove them immediately."

So is it a spyware or not? When you see such proposal, then doubt comes. But I think the whole issue is more complicated then that. I guess Cydoor is not a name for one software. I can imagine that the one that comes with Grokster works differently then the one that comes with donkey. Cydoor is rather a company name? I was just wandering...