P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 27-07-01, 08:01 PM   #1
WizzOzz

Default New WinMX delayed

http://www.winmx.com/prodnews/

Segmented downloading, hotlist and chat.
Wow, what a big carrot!

Hop...hop..hop..hop..hop..hop..

WizzOzz
Old 27-07-01, 08:13 PM   #2
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink Re: New WinMX delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by WizzOzz
http://www.winmx.com/prodnews/

Segmented downloading, hotlist and chat.
Wow, what a big carrot!

Hop...hop..hop..hop..hop..hop..

WizzOzz
Hi WizzOzz and thanks for the very interesting info!

A working hotlist over WPNP - if WinMX can really deliver it - is a major technical achievement and takes WinMX way ahead of Morpheus in network development. If the segmented downloads will also work, WinMX offers practically everything that Morpheus has to offer - and then some more.

We still have to see how well the coming WPNP presence/hotlist services will scale to larger user numbers. If WinMX gets them to work reasonably well between a millions users, we have the next Napster.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-01, 11:34 PM   #3
nanook
just one of the gang...

i just can't wait to add all of u to my hotlist hehehhheeeee.

and then, when we've got the winmx all fine tuned and ready to rock n' roll...................the wolves will be coming to get it, yet again.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-01, 12:12 AM   #4
[Dark]
1981 - 2003

then will we be winmxinites???
[Dark] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-01, 12:27 AM   #5
nanook
just one of the gang...

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkManX_19
then will we be winmxinites???
if we r, i won't be able to say it

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-01, 08:17 AM   #6
JackSpratts

Minee mineither.
Old 29-07-01, 06:39 PM   #7
Yeah-I-Did-It

I could care less for the hotlist part of the network what troubles me is the segmented downloads. Why ruin a good thing? I'm not sold on that idea yet though maybe it will get better. I have found it to be a pain Ex. rare files that only one or two people have hang at "more sources needed" in Morpheus Kazaa proggies. Will you still be able to cancel others transfers if so this doubles the chance of a transfer getting cut off causing more time needed to find sources. Remote Queues are high how will this effect segmented downloads?
I don't care how many people you download from you still only have so much bandwidth and faster ping times will always give better results "mostly"
Just my opinion but maybe they should focus on getting some of the little things out before taking leaps and bounds. Start with transfer reliability on the WPNP and speed it up a little.
Just a few thoughts!
Old 29-07-01, 07:02 PM   #8
mike4947
I'd rather be sailing

Quote:
Originally posted by Yeah-I-Did-It
I could care less for the hotlist part of the network what troubles me is the segmented downloads. Why ruin a good thing? I'm not sold on that idea yet though maybe it will get better. I have found it to be a pain Ex. rare files that only one or two people have hang at "more sources needed" in Morpheus Kazaa proggies. Will you still be able to cancel others transfers if so this doubles the chance of a transfer getting cut off causing more time needed to find sources. Remote Queues are high how will this effect segmented downloads?
I don't care how many people you download from you still only have so much bandwidth and faster ping times will always give better results "mostly"
Just my opinion but maybe they should focus on getting some of the little things out before taking leaps and bounds. Start with transfer reliability on the WPNP and speed it up a little.
Just a few thoughts!
Everything still hangs on the users, the nice ping times get hammered so they drop to one outgoing and you end up 43 in the queue.
Try pausing the segmented if it's hanging and restarting.
You get the "more sources needed" it just like when you got dumped by the other end in napster, except you can at least try for something now.
as for leaps and bounds, they're crawling, as I said before the reliability is 9 out of 10 times with the other end.