P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-02, 02:53 PM   #1
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Default Conspiracy Theory: you better listen to this one

From the Zeropaid message boards

something many of you may already 'know' and be aware of:

a)letters are now being distributed by certain agencies regarding the abuse of intellectual property rights of artists in regards to movie files, mp3's etcetera being shared over the KaZaA network

Buildup
Are any of you aware that Brilliant Digital maintains af 51 percent interest in KaZaA stock? Are you aware that BEFORE brilliant became involved in this P2P partnership with KaZaA they were working with both AOL/TImewarner and several other entertainment industry giants an did develop away to track copyright infringements?

Are you aware that AOL/TimeWarner tried their own hand at distributing digital content "legally" on the web through 'PressPlay" and I want to say "MusicMatch"(may have the wrong name here)

Now let's get to the Deal that KaZaA and and an almost Monopolistic Nationwide IsP (Verizon has struck)

It would seem that our friendly little neighborhood p2p program 'kazaa' is now sleeping with the enemy

NOw for the Kicker

HOw many of you have noticed the NEW REcommendations Feature in "My KaZaA"

lol

Anyone know what this is/does or how to 'use' it?

NOpe..i didn't think so ....so I will tell you.

The REcommendations feature in KaZaA is a type of 'statistic gathering' where records are kept of file requests made by you through the "KaZaA network'

Say you download a Roy Orbison tune...well shortly thereafter you might get some recommendations for other songs you might enjoy listening too such as maybe 'elvis'

Now KaZaA has always maintained that they 'have no knowledge' of what is being 'shared' or distributed over 'their network'

If THEY have no knowledge of what is being Distributed over THEIR network then just how does this MY RECOMMENDATIONS feature work.. It in its self would suggest some 'trackking is being done' otherwise how would they rate your preferences

NOw we all know that soon a PAID for version of KaZaA MEdia Desktop will be out that will allow for downloading of copyrighted matericals similiar to the way Pressplay and MusicMatch were trying to go.

The Question:

Who stands to benefit the most from provided/proking fear into the hearts of filesharer's everywhere based upon the current 'illegality' (a perception problem...i know) than a network who want's to LEGiTAMiZE it's business and PROTECT its interest (attempting to go the POST-Napter sell-out route and PRessPlay, Inc) than Kazaa Media Desktop it's self?

lol it almost looks like they are setting themselves up to be a Saviour in the world of P2P when the currently FREE client gets its new protocol/encrypiton keys changed that will soon render all older (read nonpay versions of KaZaa useless)

However here comes KaZaa with the answer! Hey a legal P2P network with the Riaa(disguised as being wrongly called 'the support of the aritists in the Entertainment Industry)

as the saying goes:

"being forewarned is being forearmed. or something of that nature

consider this a warning and be aware...be very aware.

your forum friend and file sharing aficionodo,

-butterfly_kisses

butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote