P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 08-11-06, 11:09 AM   #1
daddydirt
even the losers

Smile Politics makes strange bedfellows

JackSpratts & Hilary.....together forever.
Attached Images

daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 01:44 PM   #2
JackSpratts

fark. we've been outed. couldn't help it - the instant she showed me her record collection, she had me.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 06:23 PM   #3
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

She'll probably advocate a tax on CD's and music downloads so the RIAA can harass more people, and make music trading a Federal offense in the process because it would then involve tax evasion.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first". - Ronald Reagan

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 06:33 PM   #4
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 12:39 PM   #5
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Well, you might want to do a little more research.

Ronald Reagan did not raise taxes (overall). He was President 1981 - 1989. In 1981 (his first year in office) the largest tax cut in U.S. history was enacted. The 1981 cut was partially offset by tax acts in 1982 and 1984. The original cut was $750 billion and the two tax acts reduced the cut by $265 billion. Thus, the net effect was a tax cut of $485 billion.

Additionally, he signed into law a tax reform act in 1986 that created the largest tax rate cut in U.S. history, which lowered the tax rate from 50% to 28%.

To wit:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 01:36 PM   #6
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Drak

This is an image of a sticker I used to own before I gave my collection away, printed in the USA mind you. Got a problem with this sticker, please direct your comments to Topps company.

http://www.topps.com/candy/

About Ronald Reagan, what I remember of him is his lack of actions when the AIDS epedemic was raging during 1985. He did nothing, gave no money to healt but instead, announced a raise in military effectives. Screw the gays and their stinking gay 'cancer' right?

He is remembered as the blind/deaf/dumb semian when it comes to AIDS, he did nothing, said nothing and blinded himself to the plea of his wife to please do something about this new epidemic.

You value tax cut, I value human life. Same president, different views.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote