P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 30-07-01, 11:41 PM   #1
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by WizzOzz
Congrats Jack!

What was wrong?

WizzOzz
i don't know wizzozz. i'm still going over it. the initial cause was obvious and instantaneous: the loading of trippymx. but after 3 weeks of reinstalling, system restoring, hand loading server addresses, changing apps and changing names and passwords it'll be hard to ever figure out the one thing that undid whatever needed undoing.

i've now gone to the trippy page and d/l'd the new zip file AND installed it & used it briefly. it was kind of strange - in a good way - seeing all those servers sitting there on a page that had been blank for so long...

it's taught me one thing and that is the thread that carries this entire enterprise is desperately weak. one slight perturbation and it can all disolve. the system is vulnerable in the extreme, both to legal challenges and to technical hacks.

i had speculated a while ago on zeropaid about something i called a "viral update", an entirely theoretical design of mine to sabotage a p2p - a musing based more on future extrapolation than present day fact but still, i have a good idea what it would feel like now.

i'll say this tho, if anyone has a problem w/that app, pm me pronto! i'm the man!

- js.