P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 25-07-08, 10:12 AM   #101
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

That's fine by me. Most of the country, when asked what they want from this election cycle, replied 'change'. Hillary isn't change any more than McCain is.

The people of the US believe, rightly [sic], that the country is headed in the wrong direction, and that isn't solved with an order of McSame w/cheese.

Š

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-08, 10:49 AM   #102
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Ben Smith at Politico has a good story on McCain -v- Clinton:

Quote:
Dept. of fake news: McCain defeats Clinton

A sharp-eyed Democrat sends in a rather surprising page from John McCain's site (screengrab here),which, in the form of a news story, offers quite a bit of detail about how McCain beat the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton.

In fact, it's from an email the McCain camp sent supporters last year.

Still, it's fun to read, if only for a reminder of how unpredictable this season has been.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

the McCain campaign has now removed it from the site

Š

Old 25-07-08, 11:43 AM   #103
multi
Thanks for being with arse

wow, that is bizarre

it reads a bit like one of those Christian pamphlets

.:0OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoO0:.

John McCain is still playing catch up to Barack Obama.

As the Illinois Democrat speaks before the picturesque Victory Column in Berlin today, the Arizona Republican is doing a slightly less exciting form of German outreach. He is having a lunch meeting with small business leaders at a German restaurant in German Village, Columbus, Ohio.

The presidential race, it seems has boiled down to who has the greatest German appeal. McCain's appearance at Schmidts' restaurant, a "Sausage Haus" comes after the RNC launched several advertisements in towns named Berlin.

More...

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

When he was twelve years old, they found him in the temple in the City of Chicago, arguing the finer points of community organisation with the Prophet Jeremiah and the Elders. And the Elders were astonished at what they heard and said among themselves: “Verily, who is this Child that he opens our hearts and minds to the audacity of hope?”

In the great Battles of Caucus and Primary he smote the conniving Hillary, wife of the deposed King Bill the Priapic and their barbarian hordes of Working Class Whites.

And so it was, in the fullness of time, before the harvest month of the appointed year, the Child ventured forth - for the first time - to bring the light unto all the world.

He travelled fleet of foot and light of camel, with a small retinue that consisted only of his loyal disciples from the tribe of the Media. He ventured first to the land of the Hindu Kush, where the Taleban had harboured the viper of al-Qaeda in their bosom, raining terror on all the world.

And the Child spake and the tribes of Nato immediately loosed the Caveats that had previously bound them. And in the great battle that ensued the forces of the light were triumphant. For as long as the Child stood with his arms raised aloft, the enemy suffered great blows and the threat of terror was no more.

From there he went forth to Mesopotamia where he was received by the great ruler al-Maliki, and al-Maliki spake unto him and blessed his Sixteen Month Troop Withdrawal Plan even as the imperial warrior Petraeus tried to destroy it.

And lo, in Mesopotamia, a miracle occurred. Even though the Great Surge of Armour that the evil Bush had ordered had been a terrible mistake, a waste of vital military resources and doomed to end in disaster, the Child's very presence suddenly brought forth a great victory for the forces of the light.
...More

Quote:
And so now that Senator Obama's Berlin address is in the can, get ready for the backlash from the very serious corporate media. Get ready for profuse around-the-clock praise of Senator McCain and/or unfair, invented criticism of Senator Obama. Because reporting the news, however accurate, about Senator Obama's successful trip to the Middle East and Europe isn't news. It's obviously biased reporting against the McCain campaign.

That's all we've heard from the McBush Republicans this week: griping about the press coverage of Senator Obama's trip, as if such an epic event isn't newsworthy. Although I'm sure the McBush camp would've been thrilled about such wall-to-wall coverage if Reverend Wright had been spazzing out on the wing of the Obama campaign jet, ripping it to shreds Twilight Zone style -- Rezko and Ayers running around in turbans spray-painting "clinging to guns" on the side of General Petraeus' helicopter.
More..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 25-07-08 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added a couple of amusing articles
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-08, 03:58 PM   #104
JackSpratts

Roll eyes 2

an apparently bitter ben stein is all but calling obama hitler for drawing big crowds in germany. gee ben, but aren't you just the brilliant one? he must be thrilled with barbra streisand.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-08, 06:21 PM   #105
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Ben Stein sucked as an actor - why is he still on my TV??

Shouldn't he be teaching 'creationism' as science somewhere in Louisiana??

Š

Old 25-07-08, 08:16 PM   #106
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post
an apparently bitter ben stein is all but calling obama hitler for drawing big crowds in germany. gee ben, but aren't you just the brilliant one? he must be thrilled with barbra streisand.
Awww, Ben Stein didn't call Obama Hitler so the liberals favorite parrot squawk has to be dredged up and pasted on him.

And it's Streisand-blaa blaa blaa, Hillary-blaa blaa blaa, anonymous quotes-blaa blaa blaa, anonymous farcical writings-blaa blaa blaa. I wonder if the zoned out potheads can even pay attention to the candidates.
Old 25-07-08, 09:10 PM   #107
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Awww, Ben Stein didn't call Obama Hitler so the liberals favorite parrot squawk has to be dredged up and pasted on him.
so you don't know what "all but calling" means do you. or even perhaps who the fuhrer was.

Seventy-five-thousand people at an outdoor sports palace, well, that's something the Fuehrer would have done. - Ben Stein

heh heh. we get it ben. you're scared about obama on israel so you drolly compare his actions to a guy with spectacular jewish issues. aren't you the clever little one.

- js.
Old 26-07-08, 03:57 AM   #108
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Quote:
or even perhaps who the fuhrer was
You kidding? He has his picture on the wall..

Š

Old 26-07-08, 04:47 AM   #109
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Šiego View Post
You kidding? He has his picture on the wall..

Š
What!!!!
He's took his medal down.

----------------
Listening to: Morrissey - Hold on to your friends
via FoxyTunes
Old 26-07-08, 06:00 AM   #110
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

The 'medal' (it's actually just a Faux & Fiends badge, but don't tell him) is hanging on it..

Š

Old 26-07-08, 06:41 AM   #111
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post
In context:
Quote:
I'm glad you brought up this Denver thing. I don't like the idea of Senator Obama giving his acceptance speech in front of 75,000 wildly cheering people. That is not the way we do things in political parties in the United States of America. We have a contained number of people in an arena. Seventy-five-thousand people at an outdoor sports palace, well, that's something the Fuehrer would have done.
I guess someone has to explain that Denver isn't in Germany. But it's a very interesting observation that he's adopting Hitlers method of holding massive outdoor political rallies and I'd add, how his brainless idolizers are like Hitlers fanatical followers.

Does "cult of personality" ring a bell?
Old 26-07-08, 07:46 AM   #112
JackSpratts

ben's just jealous. his geezer boy mccain can only get a few jars of applesauce excited.
Old 26-07-08, 07:54 AM   #113
albed
flippin 'em off

Way to deal with the point Jack. Using all your intellectual resources of course and that's what you come up with.

But that's just another item in the media's glaring bias in covering the candidates; replay an Obama speech and then counterpoint it with falling applesauce. I've been watching them struggle with excuses for their conduct and there just aren't any. They've simply become a propaganda agency.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers."
Old 26-07-08, 08:29 AM   #114
multi
Thanks for being with arse

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

HE didn't post
WHAT albed WANTED

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-08, 09:01 AM   #115
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

The media's glaring bias in covering the candidates? Yes, there is bias and it is glaring, but you're wrong about the recipient.

McCain has made mistake after mistake after mistake and they hardly get any mention in the press.

Then there are the times McCain is covered up in his screw-ups, like the CBS interview where they edit out his reply to a question, which blatantly showed that he didn't have a clue about Iraq yet again, and replaced it with an answer from a different question, which I covered here: http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...ad.php?t=24589

Not to leave out that they cut entirely from the interview the fact that he called the war in Iraq the first major conflict following 911.

Then you have Faux News showing footage of McCain on the campaign trail looking oh so young and energetic. Naturally, it was footage from 8 years ago during his 2000 Presidential campaign: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc3_1217017818

Yes, there is media bias. No, it's not in favor of Obama. Obama does make the news more often, but because he is doing things which are news worthy. He is held to a much higher standard than McCain and his statements to a lot more scrutiny than McCain.

McCain said 'bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb iran' and that selling IranIran cigarettes is 'one way to kill them'; and it's just McCain being McCain. He says Social Security is a disgrace, and it doesn't make much press. He doesn't know the difference between Shiite and Sunni and thinks they have gotten along for 1000's of years. He makes mistake after mistake and they are just glossed over in the media. McCain said he didn't love America until he was a POW ("oops, did I mention I was a POW again? You know I don't like talking about that") and no one bats an eye.

Had Obama said any of these things he would have been crucified by the press and the public, but McCain gets a free ride.

McCain isn't someone I want running the country, but that hardly matters because if he won he wouldn't be running the country any more than Bush has been.

America is electing a President, not a Neo-Con puppet.

Albed, you're nothing more than a Faux News Talking Point.

Š

Old 27-07-08, 06:12 PM   #116
Nicobie

Hahahaahahhaa...

Quoted from Diego:

McCain isn't someone I want running the country, but that hardly matters because if he won he wouldn't be running the country any more than Bush has been.

/end quote

Maybe you can take the Concord back to America in time to vote.

You haven't lived here for years.

Me thinks U have U're head ^ U're ass about the USA.

I'd prolly pay more attention to you if U restricted yourself to rude boy comments about the UK where you have lived for many years.

Old 27-07-08, 07:44 PM   #117
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Oh that's right, because you stop being American or being allowed to care about it when you don't live within it's borders? You're a laugh.

And the Concorde stopped flying in 2003, not that I expect some people to be up with 'current' events.

Š

Old 27-07-08, 11:10 PM   #118
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie View Post
I'd prolly pay more attention to you if U restricted yourself to rude boy comments about the UK where you have lived for many years.
We would discuss British politics in this forum but nobody here cares, not even Deigo.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-08, 07:22 AM   #119
albed
flippin 'em off

Deigo would much rather discuss...........Diego.
Old 28-07-08, 10:00 AM   #120
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Why yes, because I only ever talk about me.

Oh and Albed, I think I've found a pen-pal for you:

Quote:
Police found right-wing political books, brass knuckles, empty shotgun shell boxes and a handgun in the Powell home of a man who said he attacked a church in order to kill liberals "who are ruining the country," court records show.

Adkisson told Still that "he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them in to office."

Adkisson told officers he left the house unlocked for them because "he expected to be killed during the assault."

Inside the house, officers found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by radio talk show host Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by talk show host Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by television talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

The shotgun-wielding suspect in Sunday's mass shooting at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church was motivated by a hatred of "the liberal movement," and he planned to shoot until police shot him, Knoxville Police Chief Sterling P. Owen IV said this morning.
I think the two of you have a lot in common and could become very good friends. It might even lead to conjugal visits for you if you play your hatred right.

Š

Last edited by Šiego : 28-07-08 at 05:16 PM.