P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 29-11-07, 06:51 PM   #1
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

I already understand the basic chemistry. If you can figure out how to disassociate the greenhouse gasses from the toxic pollutants in the real world then thats great. I can see I assumed right from your first paragraph that you already understand the basic emmissions from burning fossil fuels also. I wasn't trying to point out facts to you, but present an opinion. Anyway...

I wish I could hold your optimism in the ability of the people to take stewardship of the planet and do a good job of it. There are good examples of individuals and even communities that have started down this road. I just don't think a signifigant enough job will be done without government regulation and/or assistance. I'm sorry to say, I don't have much faith in the majority of the population to make the right descisions and stick to them. Part of that would come from my belief that they are either being mis-informed or are just un-informed. I don't see it as a problem with the political process, but a problem with politicians. And lobbyists. And big industry polluters. After all, in a perfect world the government would be run by the people and the politicians would work for the people. And the people would have stewardship of the planet, through the political process.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-07, 07:46 PM   #2
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
I wish I could hold your optimism in the ability of the people to take stewardship of the planet and do a good job of it.
if we don't cut the crap, and at least try to clean up our act, for the sake of future generations...the planet will be doomed to the same fate as the other similar planets in our solar system, thinking it is in god's hands is just letting it go to shit and negating any resposibility. stewardship = the need to learn how to maintain our atmosphere

Sitting in the stand of the sports arena, waiting for the show to begin.
Red lights, green lights, strawberry wine, a good friend of mine
follows the stars.....

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-07, 09:55 PM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
if we don't cut the crap, and at least try to clean up our act, for the sake of future generations...the planet will be doomed to the same fate as the other similar planets in our solar system, thinking it is in god's hands is just letting it go to shit and negating any resposibility. stewardship = the need to learn how to maintain our atmosphere

Sitting in the stand of the sports arena, waiting for the show to begin.
Red lights, green lights, strawberry wine, a good friend of mine
follows the stars.....
The cuckoo clock strikes twelve....lol. Back on the dope again loony?
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-07, 10:41 PM   #4
multi

Quote:
Back on the dope again loony?

shutup dickhead.. <yawn>

go back to the sad boring life in your head...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 30-11-07, 05:49 AM   #5
albed
flippin 'em off

The life where there are other earthlike planets in the solar system? That one's yours.

Quote:
the majority doesn't care enough to actually put forth much if any effort.
Well Pope Gore doesn't exactly set an example for them does he? Does he really believe his own bullshit when he acts the way he does with his massive CO2 production? People aren't quite that stupid.

I mean the majority of course, not you.

Someday it will dawn on even the dimmest bulbs that global warming isn't the disaster they've been taught. Another mild hurricane season for the U.S. just slips out of the global warming propaganda that was shouting 'terrible storms' awhile ago.
Old 30-11-07, 05:26 PM   #6
multi

What are ya ? a fucking doormat?

You must enjoy me wiping my feet on your face...

It is generally thought Venus and Mars were both earthlike planets at some stage of their existance with atmosphere and oceans

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 30-11-07, 07:21 PM   #7
albed
flippin 'em off

Since when are generals experts in planetary science? Get a brain of your own to think with and get the balls to state your own opinion so I can make fun of it.
Old 29-11-07, 09:19 PM   #8
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernarial View Post
I just don't think a signifigant enough job will be done without government regulation and/or assistance.
Assistance? Maybe, but regulation? No, that hasn't gotten us anywhere 'cause the people running the bureaucracies are same misinformed/uninformed people as the rest of the public.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-07, 09:58 PM   #9
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

I agree that we need to do something, Multi, but I just don't think that the people as a whole will. I try to do my part, but from my point of view, I am in the minority. That's what I mean. Out of all the people I see and know, the majority doesn't care enough to actually put forth much if any effort.

I guess you could say that is true, Mazer. We have had government regulation that I consider to be good, but when it comes to big polluters, they can just as easily lobby to get the regulations relaxed, changed, or removed. Or just pay the fines they might get for breaking regulation, because it is still more economical for them to keep polluting and pay the fine. And because, as you said, the politicians are just as misinformed/uninformed as the rest of the public.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote