P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 09-01-07, 11:09 PM   #1
JackSpratts

i think they know exactly who sadaam was:

a tribal leader of a fairly large tribe who did what tribal leaders all too often do.

it's a sublety that's lost on me but for much of the planet it is a reality they live with - and work with - everyday.

and everyday that other tribal leader called bush gets closer to slaughtering (for reasons he can't even articulate) more iraqis than sadaam (and can't be bothered even counting), hussien the man looks more rightous to them in comparison. not that they're comparing tribal strongmen necessarilly but it's a factor. why not, it's human nature and it's just about the only thing left since the administration all but abandoned every other excuse trotted out to justify an invasion. they gave us sadamm the asshole.

well guess what? from what i'm hearing, a rapidly increasing global popualtion thinks bush is just as bad, an opinion based on what they've seen or experienced. how's that for american influence? so unless i miss my guess the guy quoted in the story would get right into your face and insist, calmly or otherwise, that it's you who's missed the point.

"yes," he or others like him might say, "i know sadaam. it's true, he killed some of my familly. but don't lie to me about bush. he's killing the rest of them."

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 11:42 PM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Just because a few ignorant hillbillies from northern India think in tribal terms doesn't make Hussein the headman of a tribe. He always called himself president. Their subtlety is lost on you because you aren't racist like they are. You understand that the Baath party is not a tribe, and they don't. You're too educated to endorse their backwards perspective, Jack. Iraq may yet regress into tribalism at some point, but for now it is a nation with borders and a government. Hussein at least understood that about his country. These other people don't have a clue who Saddam was.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 12:04 AM   #3
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
Just because a few ignorant hillbillies from northern India...
well you know, a hundred million here, a hundred million there, pretty soon you have a problem lol.

- js.
Old 10-01-07, 04:47 PM   #4
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post

"yes," he or others like him might say, "i know sadaam. it's true, he killed some of my familly. but don't lie to me about bush. he's killing the rest of them."

- js.
the above of course is fictional, something made up to illustrate a point. in case one thinks it illustrates little besides a facility for rhetoric however, the following statement is real.

- js.

As you know, Saddam executed my own brother, and many of my relatives. He executed the uncle of my children. But the way he was executed proved Saddam was a brave man. He has truly become our martyr. And we will visit his grave, like the graves of the righteous.

- Mish’an Al-Jabouri
Old 10-01-07, 07:42 PM   #5
albed
flippin 'em off

Oh goody, you found real propaganda so you can discard your home-made stuff.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-07, 03:11 PM   #6
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Oh goody, you found real propaganda so you can discard your home-made stuff.
hardly. there's a world of difference between propagandists and true believers. you don't get killed by suicide propaganda. i'm not surprised it's beyond you - bush is just as clueless, as last nights mush-from-the-simp made clear.

- js.
Old 11-01-07, 03:54 PM   #7
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
hardly. there's a world of difference between propagandists and true believers. you don't get killed by suicide propaganda. i'm not surprised it's beyond you - bush is just as clueless, as last nights mush-from-the-simp made clear.

- js.
I'm quite sure Bush is much more informed than you are. Only you don't use information to form your opinions so his decisions are completely incomprehensible to you. Though whatever's broadcast on Al Jazeera is automatically added to the propaganda phrases you mindlessly swallow and regurgitate.
Old 11-01-07, 06:03 PM   #8
JackSpratts

albed, i've never heard the slightest squeak from you that would make me take you seriously. your pro-war rhetoric is shrill and continuous yet you rest comfortably at home, while real believers make sacrifices for you.

you're a troll certainly, but before the internet we would have called you the very definition of the self-serving propagandist.

- js.
Old 11-01-07, 07:35 PM   #9
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Attached Images

miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-07, 08:13 PM   #10
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
albed, i've never heard the slightest squeak from you that would make me take you seriously. your pro-war rhetoric is shrill and continuous yet you rest comfortably at home, while real believers make sacrifices for you.

you're a troll certainly, but before the internet we would have called you the very definition of the self-serving propagandist.

- js.
Like I said before, I did my 6 years of military service, and I suppose I should be grateful you didn't spit on me when I got back but I suspect you were just saving that mouthful for artifical insemination purposes.
What you interpret as "pro-war" is actually "pro-American" and the only war I'm really enthusiatic about is against the fucking lowlife anti-American scumbags who parrot whatever propaganda our enemies squawk into their stupid ears and who are willing to ignore all the terrible things the enemies we're fighting did to continuously criticize and demean the efforts taken against them. Take a good look in the mirror fuckwad, you'll never see what's really there.