P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 10-11-06, 04:04 PM   #1
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Good News! Amazon.com has a sale on copies of the Qur'an, we will all be needing them before to long, unless you want Muhammad's sword in the gut option.

http://www.amazon.com/Quran-Oxford-W...e=UTF8&s=books

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 05:30 PM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

Exclamation

If you can't afford to pay your medical bills it's a strong indication that you are not fit for survival. Getting the government to steal from fitter humans to sustain you is detrimental to the human race as a whole.

For the good of the species you should let nature take its course and replace you with a healthier or harder working specimen.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 07:12 PM   #3
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
For the good of the species you should let nature take its course and replace you with a healthier or harder working specimen.
The invisible hand at work? Oddly enough sometimes people fall on hard times and it has nothing to do with how good they are, also without some level of government interferance there is very little reason for business to not treat their employees like cattle.

Or do you think the 40 hour work week is a natural condition?
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 12:00 AM   #4
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

It's interesting......

All that talk and griping about problems with the vote and election fraud, up to and including election day.

But.......

After the Dems win, not a single word about concerns regarding the vote.

All the concern about the e-voting machines, "disenfranchised voters", etc. seems to have evaporated instantly. Where is all this "concern" now?

I guess all is fair and good, as long as the Dems win.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 09:18 AM   #5
JackSpratts

it's there if you look. the fraud websites were hyper on election day. there may be instances where the dems would've picked up more seats or had wider margins on the seats they did get, possible even the reps lost some from fraud although i haven't seen that scenario so far, and really their anger is directed at bush atm, convinced that had he fired rummy a few months before the election their prospects would have been far less severe.

right now however the democratic leadership is involved in other matters, preparing to lead, deciding chair appointmnets etc but it'll all be gone over in post mortems for months to come.

i included a good interview on evoting in this week's wir. this isn't some invention of one party or another, it's a real, verifiable problem. here's the link.

i can tell you this drak: here in ct we've taken a 90 degree turn where electronic machines are concerned. nobody wants touch-screen voting, they all want to keep the old lever machines - but they're no longer manufactured and getting parts is problematic. we're reviewing everything, and that's with a republican govenor.

we will probably migrate to SAT test style paper voting that is scanned and counted electronically with the actual paper ballots kept for two years.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 10:11 AM   #6
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

shamelessly clipped from TPM:

Quote:
Was anyone besides me delighted to note that the last two Republican senators to concede were Burns and Allen?

Say goodnight, Gracie.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 07:18 PM   #7
Nicobie

Almost too good to be true.

:big grin: