P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 02-02-05, 04:26 PM   #1
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle~
Albed, my actions at this board might affect you, but believe me, that's where it ends. Get a grip, go out & look at the blue sky above, smell the roses, etc., life is not so bleak. The darkness you see is the darkness of your own soul. Learn to forgive yourself & love yourself.......then maybe one day you can actually learn to love others. Good luck.

Belle
The way you "love" the government agents you accuse of killing innocent children? You're fucking warped Belle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle~
Thanks Ramona, I will take that as a compliment

I remember how the GOV handled WACO. WACO is proof enough they don't mind killing some citizens, even innocent children, but they sure screwed it up royally.

Belle
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 08:02 PM   #2
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Oops. I apologize for my mistake there. I admit I had you confused with span. What a stretch that is, huh.

So maybe you do support gay marriage. Maybe you're gay. I can assure you it wouldn't be possible for me to care any less, but feel free to make a case about how pro-gay you are if you'd like.

I hardly think the point of my post hinged on that argument, but it's certainly convenient for you to act like it did.

Quote:
The fact that people like you have equal rights with intelligent, honest, and mentally healthy citizens is the reason democracy is going to have to change.
Can you define that change for us? What do you mean by have to change? Does that mean someone will enforce that change? Will this entail new laws? How many new laws? Who gets to decide how democracy is going to change? Also, what do you mean by "intelligent" and how do you define it? What do you mean by "honest" and judged by what criteria? What does "mentally healthy" mean? What behaviors are excluded from this category? Who is going to decide what is excluded? You? Some other authority on mental health? Who is the authority on mental health?

Perhaps you don't mean to exclude anyone, perhaps you mean that democracy will have to change to protect itself from all the ignorant, uncritical little moronic parrots. What form will that take? Will Belle still be allowed to express her opinions? ...Will she still be able to procreate? ...Will we have to send her to a special school?

Maybe by "democracy is going to have to change" you mean that it will ultimately just deteriorate because ignorant liars and crazy people (like Belle and I) are allowed to participate in it. If this is the case I guess democracy itself must just be a big misconception to begin with.

Most importantly, what is it ultimately going to have to change into?

This is a great opportunity for you to prove to us all how well you can reason as well as dazzle us with your understanding about what form this eminent revolution will take.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 09:16 PM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off

Who mentioned an "eminent revolution". You're still trying to put words in my mouth.

The part of my quote that you decided to exclude gives enough of an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
The fact that people like you have equal rights with intelligent, honest, and mentally healthy citizens is the reason democracy is going to have to change. Your kind and the bullshit you spread is the reason for convincing the likes of Timothy McVeigh to start his murder plans. Your sickness and stupidity spreads and causes more misery than you can understand.
I'll leave you free to continue speculating on the details; you seem to enjoy it so.

Lol. I mention intelligent, honest, and mentally healthy people favorably and you start thinking anti-gay, like gays are dumb, crooked and crazy. Who's anti-gay here?
Old 03-02-05, 01:17 AM   #4
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone
Oops. I apologize for my mistake there. I admit I had you confused with span. What a stretch that is, huh.
Heheh... Span. What a guy. I miss him.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-05, 10:08 AM   #5
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:

So maybe you do support gay marriage. Maybe you're gay. I can assure you it wouldn't be possible for me to care any less, but feel free to make a case about how pro-gay you are if you'd like.

I hardly think the point of my post hinged on that argument, but it's certainly convenient for you to act like it did.

What does gay marriage have to do with this thread? Well over half the people in North America are apposed to gay marriage, Republicans, Democrats, and un-decided voters. The constitution defines marriage as being between a Man and Woman. You know how hard it is to get an Amendment to the Constitution? There have been over a 1000 new Amendments brought up since 1776 and I think only 27 have passed. Two examples would be the end of slavery which took a civil war to get changed and giving women the right to vote which took over a 100 years of protests and rallies to pass. There may be an Amendment to the Constitution to allow Gay’s to marry but give it at least another 50 years minimum to happen.
Old 11-02-05, 11:07 AM   #6
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

I don't think gay marriage has anything to do with this thread, but then I didn't think slavery or women's rights or anyone claiming "democracy is going to have to change" was going to have anything to do with this thread either. As a matter of fact, it's kind of surprising to me that the whole "liberal vs. conservative" issue was made an intrinsic part of the thread from the very outset. Apparently the implication is that only liberals would dare distrust the version of reality that's filtered through the media and government agencies, while "conservatives" seem to have a significant need to see that version as complete, whole gospel truth. Either that, or couching it in those typically pointlessly polarized terms makes them feel better about it somehow.

I thought questioning authority was good for everyone, regardless of political persuasions, but I guess questioning authority is strictly out of fashion in some camps. C'est la vie.

By the way Sinner, where do you get your information about how many "undecided voters" oppose gay marriage? Seems like you'd have to be pretty much a psychic to get those kinds of statistics.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-05, 12:59 PM   #7
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
I thought questioning authority was good for everyone, regardless of political persuasions, but I guess questioning authority is strictly out of fashion in some camps. C'est la vie.
Of course this "questioning authority" means lapping up the bullshit spouted by the likes of Alex Jones and Michael Moore and parroting it to other pea-brained gossips without the mental capacity to realize how ridiculous it is or even to defend their newfound viewpoint with any demonstration of knowledge or rationality of their own.

What is your opinion on the thread subject anyway Ramona. It seems you take a little of each side just for your own amusement and mix in a whole lot of unrelated blabbering.
Old 11-02-05, 01:42 PM   #8
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
As a matter of fact, it's kind of surprising to me that the whole "liberal vs. conservative" issue was made an intrinsic part of the thread from the very outset. Apparently the implication is that only liberals would dare distrust the version of reality that's filtered through the media and government agencies, while "conservatives" seem to have a significant need to see that version as complete, whole gospel truth. Either that, or couching it in those typically pointlessly polarized terms makes them feel better about it somehow.

Is that what people are doing in this thread? Questioning Authority, because I don't see it that way, if this was a thread about what the government knew before the 9/11 attackes or how the responed to it would make sense to me, but to say Flight 77 never hit the Pentagon is insane. So because CNN and ABC, etc say a plane hit the pentagon means it never happened? The 100's of witnesses which saw an American airline fly over them or near them before the explosion are all lairs. What do they have to gain? So because there is no hole were the wings hit makes the 100's of witnesses lairs? I can see if two people say they saw a jet but over 100, unlikely. The whole quote you made above is BS.

Quote:
By the way Sinner, where do you get your information about how many "undecided voters" oppose gay marriage? Seems like you'd have to be pretty much a psychic to get those kinds of statistics.
The undecided voter is the person who has not yet settled on a preference for the presidential election. The identification of these individuals depends on the kinds of questions asked in the public opinion poll. So, now that you know what an undecided voter is you can clearly see I don't have to be psychic. Every poll I have seen, in Canada and the USA, the mass population is against Gay Marriage. Marriage is between Man and Woman. It is God's Law according to the Bible and it is Man's Law according to the Constitution. For the record - I am not Religious or a Homophobe, which George Weinbert who defined it as "the dread of being in close quarters with homosexuals." It grew to mean a general "fear of homosexuals or of homosexual behavior."