P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 07-10-04, 12:16 PM   #1
Sinner
--------------------

Now here is a movie I am looking forward too...

'Michael Moore Hates America'

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/

"Michael Moore Hates America," a documentary that challenges the leftist filmmaker, received a huge response at the American Film Renaissance festival in Dallas, packing out two showings and eliciting a 10-minute standing ovation.

"That crowd response was bigger than anything I've seen in a theater in my life," Jim Hubbard, the co-founder of the festival, told WorldNetDaily. The festival ran from Sept. 10-12.
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=40430
Old 07-10-04, 01:28 PM   #2
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Now here is a movie I am looking forward too...
'Michael Moore Hates America'
I trust it will be a fulfilling experience both artistically and ideologically for you. 10 minute standing ovation in Dallas and all!

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-04, 05:27 PM   #3
Nicobie

Default :)

Carefull TG what u ask for.

u like to wipe upwards or down?

Don't laugh too loud.................................,

when they pass another law. It could be that this time you won't like it.
Old 21-10-04, 03:48 PM   #4
Sinner
--------------------

-----------“Celsius 41.11” is a perfect response to Moore’s “documentary,” in that it exposes just how divided the anti-war activists are and how they really missed the message from the war. Example: on the trailer, some woman is talking about how she would want a dictator who gives her free healthcare or free education. Great, but what about living in fear of torture or execution, or not being able to speak your own opinion, or being forced to live in poverty as your “benevolent leader” squanders all your money on himself and his repugnant sub-human sons? I’m sure this is just one example out of many in this film. I urge everyone to take a look at the site and check out the trailer: http://www.celsius4111.com -------------
Old 21-10-04, 04:17 PM   #5
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
-----------“Celsius 41.11” is a perfect response to Moore’s “documentary,” in that it exposes just how divided the anti-war activists are and how they really missed the message from the war. Example: on the trailer, some woman is talking about how she would want a dictator who gives her free healthcare or free education. Great, but what about living in fear of torture or execution, or not being able to speak your own opinion, or being forced to live in poverty as your “benevolent leader” squanders all your money on himself and his repugnant sub-human sons? I’m sure this is just one example out of many in this film. I urge everyone to take a look at the site and check out the trailer: http://www.celsius4111.com -------------
and?

only in the mind of the Far Right does Moore's film require a "response" - they give his film far too much credit...it's propaganda, most people recognize that, and it's biased by definition. obviously, the "response" is gonna be cut from the same cloth.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-04, 08:37 AM   #6
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
and?

only in the mind of the Far Right does Moore's film require a "response" - they give his film far too much credit...it's propaganda, most people recognize that, and it's biased by definition. obviously, the "response" is gonna be cut from the same cloth.

I disagree, one thing I find is the fact many Americans and Canadians are really not that bright and they get there news and political info from movies like Moore's. Yes it is propaganda and it has been used before, Germany in the 1930's for example. I am not comparing America today to Germany in the 30's either. Just trying to balance it out, If you liked F9/11 maybe you should see one of these other movies to get a different view and info. Only in the mind of a far left coast liberal would question this kind of "response"
Old 22-10-04, 03:46 PM   #7
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
I disagree, one thing I find is the fact many Americans and Canadians are really not that bright and they get there news and political info from movies like Moore's. Yes it is propaganda and it has been used before, Germany in the 1930's for example. I am not comparing America today to Germany in the 30's either. Just trying to balance it out, If you liked F9/11 maybe you should see one of these other movies to get a different view and info. Only in the mind of a far left coast liberal would question this kind of "response"
as you may have guessed, from various oblique references i may have made over the past year or two, that i am not a fan of the president...

but i can honestly tell you that i d/l'ed Farenheit 9/11 in two parts....and never got past the first part. it wasn't even a question of like or dislike - it was interesting, but it wasn't particularly compelling....and ultimately, i deleted the second part without ever seeing it (i needed the HD space).

so you're probably right, in that someone who really bought into the movie should see the response, but my feeling that anyone with reasonable critical thinking skills should have come to their own conclusions a long time ago without the help of a movie. of course this may not describe the average American voter, either
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote