P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-02, 02:36 AM   #1
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Is P-2-P falling apart?

Recently, there have been so many oddities, I'm begining to wonder if all really IS well?

The once so reliable DJNap seems to no longer be with us, Napigator does not have it in the update, and you are freeted with a variety of excuses, like TIMED OUR or CONNECTION REFUSED when you try.

The Much vaulted Darkservers, a network with the largest number of linked servers, seems only to be a shadow of its former self, with most of the original servers, being un-connectable.

Has P-2-P reached the peak, or rather has the OpenNap reached or even gone past its peak? The Demise of SLAVANAP at 2.1.0 may have sounded the death knell, or has it..

WinMx 3.00 has been at beta 8 stage for over a month, still with glaring problems, doesn't seem to be much of a move on that front.

It is good, however to see the ongoing development in new clients by Harby et al, even if their intended networks are still unstable, withn the ongoing BDE threat, and heaven knows what else lurking in the background.

Still, there are always the good old music enthusiasts to amaze one with their strange habits.... what DID I miss here, has Eva suddenly taken on an even newer cult status...?

Snark..

Seen on my WinMx 3.00 this morning..
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote