View Single Post
Old 12-05-01, 06:03 AM   #5
rebel_mom
who's line is it anyways?

When my husband lost his job 12 years and the title he had completely wiped he wen back to school to get what we call tickets or paper for skilled jobs .

I realize some countries use different names but the end result is the same

He is now a tool and die maker which is a guarantee pretty much he will never be out of work however during the schooling process at one time he was laid off and when he went to seek work to the point of any kind just to have a job he was refused repeatedly because he was over qualified.

My point being it is a huge reality that issues like this face all areas of work and though many find some companies tests and stuff annoying you often find the ones that incorporate this type of testing are ones that always flourish.

Having teens 2 to this point have worked at McDonalds and you would not believe the detailed training they get and weekly evaluations but these evaluation are to also help determine their strengths and place them in that area..

I haven't completely read but just a quick run thru but I agree with Drax it is a heavy scale that often tips heavier on one side or another and balance is not always achieved which makes any environment stressful in this case.

I know this study is not all work related but it is often a target for this type of study.
rebel_mom is offline   Reply With Quote