View Single Post
Old 24-08-02, 05:16 AM   #15
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Hi jaan, nice to have you posting here!

Quote:
Originally posted by jaan
however, on a more serious note, associating your music with keywords your potential fans are likely to use sounds to me like a great way to expand your audience. not to mention that p2p systems are in pretty much unique position to do such marketing, which will no doubt take even more effective forms as the technology matures. think of creating worldwide p2p communities based on musical taste, and using their help to spread the word about upcoming bands they are all likely to appreciate....
True. AudioGalaxy and SoulSeek have already done this to a degree and demonstrated that it works in practice.

Quote:
Originally posted by jaan
then again, i'm one of the programmers of altnet, so i'm obviously biased. i just honestly believe that the p2p networks have a much greater role to play in the future than being a "global harddrive", and altnet takes the first babysteps towards that role.
I agree. Many p2p networks (Gnutella and FastTrack among them) have been so far mostly content-oriented and lacked the basic tools for community formation. I would expect this to change soon as the benefits of community-oriented p2p become more obvious to the masses.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote