View Single Post
Old 28-04-04, 11:28 AM   #5
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

If Kerry was the Antichrist I'd be all the more enthused about voting for him. ...I mean we tried The Christ and that sucked.

[rimshot]

As long as we're judging the candidates by their ability to answer tough questions here, let's remember Bush has an inability to answer them, a luxury no contender could support.

Some recent examples of Bush hitting the tough-answer-ball out of the park:

"I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet. You just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."

Honest ignorance or evil genius? Both?

Further, Bush enjoys being in a position where his supporters don't want or need him to answer tough questions, because they know good and well there's no justification or excuse for his actions and policies anyway and they don't want any damned acknowledgment of logic spoiling the party.

We have, as in every election in living memory, two choices: Change or More of the Same, and as usual the Official Change candidate is More of the Same.

Still, I'll vote for Change because I subscribe to the simple idea that in this Peter-Principled Muppet Show we should never give any of these perverts more than four years. Plus, if we keep the turnover rate at full throttle, the odds are more in our favor that one of them might eventually turn out to be human.

...OK, I'll admit that's ridiculously idealistic.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote