View Single Post
Old 12-09-06, 10:58 AM   #6
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
leaving a couple of things out here, aren't we?
Nope. Not a thing. The article link is there. An article from MSN, not Fox.

The original leak was made by Richard Armitage to syndicated columnist Robert Novak. Novak’s column, published in a number of places 07/14/2003 is what publicly disclosed Valerie Plame Wilson’s identity as a CIA operative.

It was this public disclosure that prompted Joseph C. Wilson IV to make allegations that the White House had purposefully leaked his wife’s CIA employment for punitive measures against his criticism of the invasion of Iraq. The Wilson’s primarily blamed Rove, Libby, and Cheney - naming them in a lawsuit. Joseph and Valerie Wilson were wrong.

From Joseph and Valerie Wilson’s preliminary statement in their lawsuit against Libby, Rove and Cheney:
Quote:
This Complaint arises out of a conspiracy among current and former high-level officials in the White House and actions taken by and on behalf of those officials in 2003 to violate the constitutional and other legal rights of Valerie Plame Wilson and her husband, Joseph C. Wilson IV. Those officials sought to punish Mr. Wilson for his public statements regarding assertions by the President of the United States in the 2003 State of the Union address that he used to justify the war against Iraq. As their chief method of punishment, the White House officials destroyed Mrs. Wilson’s cover by revealing her classified employment with the CIA to reporters prior to and after July 14, 2003, the date on which a newspaper column by Robert Novak made public that employment.
The full text of the lawsuit, in .pdf form can be downloaded at http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...Plame_Suit.pdf
It's 23 pages, slightly larger than 4 MB.

What is even far worse is that Armitage told Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald he was Robert Novak’s source early in the “investigation”. Yet, this revelation was never disclosed and the “investigation” continued as if this information was unknown.

It seems clear that the “investigation” into the leak has been clearly demonstrated to be something other than the thorough and impartial investigation it was supposed to be.

I’m speculating of course, but it seems clear that the “investigation” was simply the continuation of an effort to fabricate wrongdoing by Rove, Libby, Cheney, and the President. The smear campaign didn’t work, Fitzgerald and the Wilson's have been caught in a gigantic lie.

Too bad we can’t send Fitzgerald and the Wilson's to Singapore for an ass caning.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote